• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Topic: Professional Finally Shipping

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Professional Finally Shipping

    I got an email from Garritan that informed me that they are now shipping the Professional version that was out of stock for over 3 months.

    YIPPEE

    Jim

  2. #2

    Re: Professional Finally Shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by jimk View Post
    I got an email from Garritan that informed me that they are now shipping the Professional version that was out of stock for over 3 months. Jim
    For Jeff: Wonderful news. However, YIKES! - what about the Standard Version? That's the one I've been waiting for. Is it coming or was it dropped? I assumed that it would be more or less automatically updated at the same time as Professional. Is that happening? (mild panic)

  3. #3

    Re: Professional Finally Shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    For Jeff: Wonderful news. However, YIKES! - what about the Standard Version? That's the one I've been waiting for. Is it coming or was it dropped? I assumed that it would be more or less automatically updated at the same time as Professional. Is that happening? (mild panic)
    Support tells me that the Standard version of Garritan Authorized Steinway is being discontinued.

    Please consider reversing that decision. The Basic version is fine, but without the release samples there is no hall ambience available. To get the Troy Hall effect, a very important aspect of the piano, you now have to go all the way to Professional.

    The gap in price between Basic and Professional is huge, making the Garritan piano more expensive than Ivory (for example), which doesn't seem to be in line with the Garritan philosophy of first-rate affordable libraries for musicians and student musicians (GPO4 at $149 is an outstanding example of this).

    You could buy almost three copies of a whole orchestra for the price of a single piano! It doesn't make sense.

    Perhaps Garritan is constrained by its relationship with Steinway? If so, why was Standard ever offered in the first place?

  4. #4

    Re: Professional Finally Shipping

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Support tells me that the Standard version of Garritan Authorized Steinway is being discontinued.
    Please ignore my post and see the updated version instead (new thread).

  5. #5

    Re: Professional Finally Shipping

    I responded in the other thread. I'll let Gary know how you feel though. I don't think everything is set in stone yet but at the same time I know he has good reasons for how things are progressing.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •