• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 - Ave Maria canon by Mozart

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 - Ave Maria canon by Mozart

Hi all, here is my first music post in ages! I feel little bit rusty after way too long break from music and midi renditions so any tips and comments are very appreciated.

So here is the link:

http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3s...ia-mozk554.wma

Enjoy!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: GPO4 - Ave Maria canon by Mozart

I decided to try to blend in some VSL-strings (came with Kontakt3)...

http://www.falcon-creations.com/mp3s...mozk554-1b.wma

I think it adds a little more depth and some how more full sound - what do you think?
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Falcon1,

I was not able to get it to play...am I doing something wrong!?! I clicked your links...and then nothing!

I want to hear them!!!
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland View Post
    Falcon1,

I was not able to get it to play...am I doing something wrong!?! I clicked your links...and then nothing!

I want to hear them!!!
    Should be able play it with Windows Media Player.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Do I have to do anything other than click on the link?

Suffice to say, I am feeling technologically challenged right now...maybe after another cup of coffee?

I will try it again in a bit...

Thank you for answering so quickly
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Prowland View Post
    Do I have to do anything other than click on the link?

Suffice to say, I am feeling technologically challenged right now...maybe after another cup of coffee?

I will try it again in a bit...

Thank you for answering so quickly
    It should play if you click on the link. You can also right click on the link and then choose "Save target as".
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Hi, Falcon - I just got through listening to Ron's "Battle Plans," and RAN to your post for shelter! Ron's piece is really good - I just wanted to follow it up with something more tranquil and coinciding with my current state of mind.

And I certainly wasn't disappointed--YES it's been far too long since you've posted in here, and the work you've done here with this is very sensitive and successful. I really enjoyed it.

I listened to both versions by the way, and can't say I really have a preference. The pure GPO version sounded just as good to me.

Did you know you have a long stretch of silence at the end of the MP3-?

Thanks!

Randy

I did have to download it...and it was worth it!

Very nice! I do not think that I have heard this one...what K. number is it? I will have to go back through my Music History CDs...and my iTunes to see if it is there. Bad sign that I have too much music, I cannot remember them all!

Anyway, again....this is quite good. If anything I would say...well...I would say nothing, it sounds pretty darn great to me!
    Paul

Randy, thank you very much for your kind words. I'm glad that you enjoyed my rendition of this rather unknown Mozart piece (KV554 for Paul).
    Yes, I agree the pure GPO sounds good but I find the 2nd version somehow has little bit more depth (broader) in the sound. I think it also shows the GPO ability to blend in other libs as well.

Hmmm... hadn't notice that long silence... we will just say that it is moment of thinking hehehe...

Paul, I'm glad you could listen to my rendition and enjoyed it as well. No, this is rather unknown piece by Mozart, probably just exercise composition in his younger age.

Here's an live choir performance on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAeyyKXZkt0

ps: I think the sopran soloist is improvising in some parts.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Great to see you back with us, Falc!

Very nice job on this!

I do like the greater depth of the second version.

My best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum