• Register
  • Help

Topic: gpo4 - valid kontakt serial number

Share/Bookmark

gpo4 - valid kontakt serial number

i am trying to buy the upgrade for gpo4. it asks me for a 'valid kontakt serial number'. please can someone tell me where do i find this and what is the correct format for it. i have tried the 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 number from my kp2 update, copying and pasting it in, but was told this wasn't valid!

to clarify - im just trying to put the upgrade in my shopping basket, iv not managed to download it yet.

thanks

Re: gpo4 - valid kontakt serial number

giving this guy a dart board might be just as accurate but some ideas are:

you might try manually typing it in.

also, if this is an older library that used Kontakt 1 originally, maybe you need that serial I think the KP2 update was handled mostly through Native Instruments and this might mean that your KP2 is different than what Garritan thinks it is...
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

FYI
    I had to go on the actual NI site via the NI "Service Center" applet to get my serial number to be able to order the GPO4 upgrade.

Fred

No, I have the same experience, and I'm beginning to think that there is a real problem here.

I am also trying to download a GPO4 upgrade. I have a valid, bought and paid for and registered copy of GPO. I have checked the serial number both on the KP2 info panel and with the NI Service Centre (they agree) and I've typed it in very carefully in the correct format (and also tried copy and paste). I have also gone back to the serial number for my earlier version of GPO, just in case that was the problem. Nothing works -- I just keep getting "Sorry that is a invalid serial number."

I have also tried sending a plea for help through the "Contact us" button on this forum and to support@garritan.com, quoting my serial number in case someone might discover what the problem was that way, and have had no replies to either request.

I've had a thread about this on this forum for a week and had a couple of replies to that from kind people, but none that solved the problem.

Please, I would really like to buy the Aria player and use it, but I'm despairing here.
    Martin
    Canberra, Australia

Hi guys,
    I had exactly the same problem. Trying to purchase the update, system won't accept my serial. I sent an email to support quoting my old NI authorization details, and they sent me back (on the same day, too) a new serial (same format, different numbers) that worked. I dont know why.

For those having issues entering their serial number while purchasing the upgrade please email support@garritan.biz with a screenshot of your serial from your Native Instruments account page.

Most serial numbers are in the system but some including recent purchases may be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Ward View Post
    No, I have the same experience, and I'm beginning to think that there is a real problem here.

I am also trying to download a GPO4 upgrade. I have a valid, bought and paid for and registered copy of GPO. I have checked the serial number both on the KP2 info panel and with the NI Service Centre (they agree) and I've typed it in very carefully in the correct format (and also tried copy and paste). I have also gone back to the serial number for my earlier version of GPO, just in case that was the problem. Nothing works -- I just keep getting "Sorry that is a invalid serial number."

I have also tried sending a plea for help through the "Contact us" button on this forum and to support@garritan.com, quoting my serial number in case someone might discover what the problem was that way, and have had no replies to either request.

I've had a thread about this on this forum for a week and had a couple of replies to that from kind people, but none that solved the problem.

Please, I would really like to buy the Aria player and use it, but I'm despairing here.
    I didn't receive your email for some reason or it would have been dealt with right away. Please email me again at support@garritan.biz

I just upgraded tonight. Apparently, the upgrade web site doesn't like the original serial numbers that came with the GPO "Second Edition" that used the Kontakt1 player (the old silver one). I also had to go to the NI site to find the Kontakt2 player serial number and use that. Then all went well and I had no problems completing the installation and activation.

BTW, I LOVE the way the ARIA player displays the KS commands. You don't have to dig through a manual to find out which key switches to pizzicato (for instance).

The SAMS brass is a major upgrade to the sound. I was not a big fan of the original trumpets, but these are good.

I haven't used it except in stand-alone mode tonight, so I hope it's been tested on PTLE8 and Logic 8. So far this is good - well worth the $50.

Go Back to forum