• Register
  • Help

Topic: 1/2 only selectable channel in gpo4

Share/Bookmark

1/2 only selectable channel in gpo4

Installed GPO4 and everything else works fine, but I'm not able to select any other output channel except 1/2. Everything else is just grayed out.

Using it with Renoise and I know it supports multi-outs and I can see the 16 outputs in Renoise it self, but doesn't help me because everything always comes out from 1/2.

Re: 1/2 only selectable channel in gpo4

Hi Sauli,

Welcome to Garritan on Northernsounds.

Are you running GPO4 in Standalone, VST?

The Standalone version has only one pair of stereo outs (since it routes directly to your sound card). The VST version has two flavors, ARIA_x32.dll and ARIA_multix32.dll (or something like that). You'll need to load and use the one with Multi in the name to get the 16 outputs. The other only has a stereo output and is designed for simpler operations and notation programs.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

I'm using the VSTi version and also the correct DLL.

I'm wondering if this is because GPO4 is being so smart it's actually stupid - in other words checking if the host actually has support for multichannel output? Renoise has only the first channel routed to master and others disabled when I start the plugin. This is the first time I've encountered any problems with multichannel plugins.

Every host implements multichannel VST differently. So plugins need to try to have "most working" without some host-specific hacks.

We will try renoise and see whether or not someone is actually doing somthing "stupid", as you say.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

But does the GPO4 check if the host has multichannel support?
    I fail to see why it should concern the plugin at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sauli View Post
    But does the GPO4 check if the host has multichannel support?
    I fail to see why it should concern the plugin at all.
    I wont spend time explaining the subtleties of VST's set/getSpeakerArrangement, but i can just say that's is a VERY convoluted and not well documented handshake mechanism between a host and a plugin.

Whenever you say badly documented spec, you can be sure that everyone (on both sides of the plugin divide) will think they do it correctly. Sonar does it differently than Bidule which does it most definitely differently than Renoise.

From our investigation Renoise ask the GPO4 plugin to run in stereo and never in multichannel mode.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thank you very much for checking it!

Informed the Renoise dev's about this.

Go Back to forum