• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Symphobia has a new competitor (LA Strings)

Share/Bookmark

Symphobia has a new competitor (LA Strings)

watch the video from the first post here:
    http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=258977

Amazing sound!
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Symphobia has a new competitor (LA Strings)

LA Scoring Strings (LASS) is old news, yairhol

Besides, with LASS being a strings library, it's not really a direct competitor to Symphobia, I think.

/Henrik

I didn't know they were old news.
    Anyway they sound great.
    They also have some demos with percussions in the background so maybe they're mainly strings but have some percussion samples in there?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    They also have some demos with percussions in the background so maybe they're mainly strings but have some percussion samples in there?
    now that would be new news!

First of all - I am working with both of these librarys.
    The only thing in common that these librarys might have is the amount of articulations and perhaps the price. Other than that they have very different approach.
    Both of them sound great. Symphobia is great for quickly sketching your ideas with full ensemble patches (Double Bass to Violins on single MIDI channel) plus dedicated High String and Low String patches. Symphobia also has brass, woodwinds and few other goodies related to film music.
    LASS is a string library. This library shines when you layer the different Divisi layers in order to achieve more realistic String orchestra. You really should know what you are doing with this library.

So in reality these 2 librarys are very different and don't directly compete with each other.

Is anyone else having problems with the demo video - I get about 1/3 way in and it freezes and won't stream any more?

TIA

I also own both and I would say that LASS might be a little more powerful but Symphobia sounds nicer with less effort. I'm glad I have both as they compliment each other quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kiel View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the demo video - I get about 1/3 way in and it freezes and won't stream any more?

TIA
    Did you try both versions of the video (high and med quality)?

Hi Andrew - tried again tonight and it worked ok - in the end downloaded the qt version directly.

Great Demos btw even if I still don't quite get how the ART stuff works completely - need to rewatch the video a few times.

Best

Tim

I wouldn't exactly say that LASS is old news - it was just released.

"Symphobia has a new competitor (LA Strings) "

They aren't the same type of library - why would you say that? That's like saying EWQL Symphonic Choirs has a new competitor in Omnisphere.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast