• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using GPO4 now - can I delete Kontakt Player & previous GPO files?

Share/Bookmark

Using GPO4 now - can I delete Kontakt Player & previous GPO files?

Hi. I just installed GPO4 upgrade on Mac OS X.

I still have the "GPO Library" folder (with Instruments & Multi, etc.). I also have the "Kontakt Player 2" folder in my Applications folder.

Do I need to keep the old "GPO Library" folder and the "Kontakt Player 2" folders, or can I delete them.

I would prefer to use the ARIA player only and not Kontakt.

Thanks for helping.

David

Re: Using GPO4 now - can I delete Kontakt Player & previous GPO files?

I would recommend keeping the Kontakt Player version for compability with our older sequences. I usually load up a project, then add ARIA. Then I check what I loaded in the Kontakt Player so I can see which patches I was using as well as pan/volume info and then load up the patches in ARIA. Then I remove the patch from Kontakt once it plays fine in ARIA.

Jim

Re: Using GPO4 now - can I delete Kontakt Player & previous GPO files?

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    I would recommend keeping the Kontakt Player version for compability with our older sequences. I usually load up a project, then add ARIA. Then I check what I loaded in the Kontakt Player so I can see which patches I was using as well as pan/volume info and then load up the patches in ARIA. Then I remove the patch from Kontakt once it plays fine in ARIA.

Jim
    Hi, Jim.

Thanks for your help. I will do as you suggest, although I forsee using only ARIA. Since GPO was released, I didn't use it much because I think Kontakt player is horrible, and their support is even worse.

ARIA player and Garritan are WONDERFUL. I like the products, the philosophy, the forums, the members, and the excellent help files & tutorials.

David

Go Back to forum