• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about Gigapiano editor/translator

Share/Bookmark

Question about Gigapiano editor/translator

Dear expert giga-sample users and developers,

I have some troubles with Gigapiano when I want to edit or translate it to other format, here are the questions as follows:

1> How to edit and view the gigapiano sample waveform?
    When I open Gigapiano in the GigaStudio Editor program V2.2, I try to Edit/Export the waveform from the Up and Down layers, but it seems be not possible. Anyone knows is there a way? what kind of format they are? Can we convert the waveform-sample to the standard wave (44.1khz/16B) format?
    I\'m just wondering what kind of sample source is it?
    2> How to translate the giagpiano to other sample format?
    I have difficult time when I try to convert the Gigapiano to other sample formats like AkaiS1000/3000 or even S5000/6000, I have no problem with other .gig samples like Guitars or Strings.

Anyone knows how please help.

Best regards,
    Long

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 10-09-2001).]

Re: Question about Gigapiano editor/translator

Hi Long,

the samples are compressed (green wave icons). The program you need is called \"Awave\". This program converts the compressed samples in uncompressed format.

Best regards

Franz

Thanks, I\'m currently using the lastest Awave-Studio Translator program (full version). It certainly crashed on the gigapiano, other .gig is worked fine. I just try the light-grand-piano, it is about 500Mb, my machine has more than 1GB memory. I think it should works, but it doesn\'t! I\'ve just mailed to the Tech. support.

Anyone has other ideas what is wrong?
    Best regards,
    Long

Thanks, just let you know that we have great tech. support from Awave-Studio, the problem is solved now.
    Regards,
    Long

How was it solved, LHong?

We found a little bugs in the translator program from Awave-Studio. There were about more than 20 compressed waveforms, which caused the corrupted durring the translator process. After we had spent time to identify what they were, we mailed the corrupted list to Jonsson (tech Support/Programmer), He really investigated and found the problems. Finally, He sent us the new fixed program V7.5 beta 3 yesterday. It seems be OK now, We\'re not sure everything work correctly yet, but at least we can do what we wanted.

[This message has been edited by LHong (edited 10-11-2001).]

Go Back to forum