• Register
  • Help

Topic: How to restore a license?

Share/Bookmark

How to restore a license?

Dear all,

although I am aware that on acquiring Giga technology, Garritan did not take over TEAC/Tascam customer support, I will shoot the question anyway, hoping somebody might have a suggestion.

Recently my worst fear came true: I had to replace my OS (to Win XP Pro SP2), and reinstall all the applications, including Gigastudio (!). So I reinstalled my Gigastudio 3 Orchestra from its DVD, and once in the License Manager I tried to restore the license I had backed up, but it assigned a different registration number (no wonder!), so I was unable to restore it. Copying my old registration text file onto the program folder does not work. It looks pretty hopeless right now, since going back to the previous OS version is not an option.

Has anybody some idea of what I might do???

Thanks!
    ASUS P5, Pentium D 920 @ 2.8 GHz, Windows XP Pro SP2

Re: How to restore a license?

Tascam is supposed to have maintained the on line ( internet ) registration for GS so try the online registration and see what happens.

If it's not working that way, then call them ( 323-727-7617 ) and see if they can get you fixed up.

G' Luck,

S

Quote Originally Posted by mbscrooge View Post
    Dear all,

although I am aware that on acquiring Giga technology, Garritan did not take over TEAC/Tascam customer support, I will shoot the question anyway, hoping somebody might have a suggestion.

Recently my worst fear came true: I had to replace my OS (to Win XP Pro SP2), and reinstall all the applications, including Gigastudio (!). So I reinstalled my Gigastudio 3 Orchestra from its DVD, and once in the License Manager I tried to restore the license I had backed up, but it assigned a different registration number (no wonder!), so I was unable to restore it. Copying my old registration text file onto the program folder does not work. It looks pretty hopeless right now, since going back to the previous OS version is not an option.

Has anybody some idea of what I might do???

Thanks!
    Hi,
    I had a similar problem. As I was offline I ahd the additional problem of generating the file and manhandling it to an online Pc.
    Having done that and found hte pages lead nowhere I went back and read the notes to find I could sned an email with the registration text to them. I did so and they have re-registered the program.
    I ahd had enormous problems in February having had to re=installteh program fieve times in five days. I evnetualyl gave up at theat time but comin g back to the problem found I was able to overcome the problem thanks to the friendly support from Tascam.
    It doesn't answer my problem as to what happens after December when I want to upgrade my system next time and I wonder if it might be possible to do away with the registration process since it has proven to be a headache for me at least.
    This is the addres which replied to me earlier today.
    CUSTSER@TEAC.COM

Good luck. It is too good a tool to lose.
    Karmstrong909

The online registration leads to a nonexistent web page, as pointed out by the previous post. I will try an e-mail to TEAC Customer Service: let us see what happens.

Thanks,
    MB

Thanks to customer service, it all worked out! Thanks karmstrong909.

I just sent them a license request as well.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Well I just received my license.
    Less than 24 hrs, I'm impressed.
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntinstrument View Post
    Well I just received my license.
    Less than 24 hrs, I'm impressed.
    I owned Gigasampler, then upgraded to Gigastudio, then Gigastudio3 then Gigastudio 4. The 3 and 4 are both upgrades.

I would like to set up a XP-64 bit then instal Gigastudio 4. will the Gigastudio 4 upgrade load a clean install and do I go back to TASCAM for the liscense?

Thanks

If you have followed the whole online course, congratulations! Rimsky provides a very solid basis for a beginning orchestrator. Although we will be offering other opportunities to learn orchestration, I have a few comments here.

- Once you have learned what is reasonably easy to play, it is not hard to orchestrate tolerably. Because of the history of instrumental design, most of what can be played without much difficulty will sound at least acceptable. However, GOOD orchestration is another matter altogether. Because something does not sound like a catastrophe does not mean it is well orchestrated!

- Debussy said that Ravel had the most sensitive hearing of anyone he had ever encountered. Good orchestration is not only about what is obvious at first hearing. In particular, it is worth paying attention to what is going on in the background. An orchestration which merits repeated listening will show more interesting and subtle detail as you get to know it, and most of that detail will be in the background planes of tone. Learn to distinguish what makes really good orchestration REFINED.

Go Back to forum