• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 upgrade & original GPO?

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 upgrade & original GPO?

Hi, I bought and I am busy downloading the GPO4 upgrade. I was just wondering, is this upgrade going to have all the sounds I previously had in my original GPO (Worked in KP1,2&3, bought it with KP1)? If so how can the download only be 955MB? The original sample installed from my original GPO are almost 2 gig on my hard-disk. Also I was wondering will I now never need the original installation disk of GPO again just the GPO4 installer I am downloading? Thanks.

Re: GPO4 upgrade & original GPO?

GPO4 has the same sounds as the original plus the some new sounds. The download is compressed but will expand out to about 3 times the download size.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    GPO4 has the same sounds as the original plus the some new sounds. The download is compressed but will expand out to about 3 times the download size.

Jim
    Wow, impressive, so technically speaking I can even throw away my GPO original disk if I was feeling that silly, is this correct?

The upgrade download has all the samples and is the full library. The samples in ARIA are in .sfz format which is different from what Kontakt uses.

So yes, you could throw away the old Kontakt version although I keep it handy when bringing up old sequences.

Jim

Go Back to forum