• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere in the new "District 9" film score

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere in the new "District 9" film score

http://www.spectrasonics.net/news/20...es-omnisphere/

Composer Clinton Shorter discusses his use of Omnisphere and Stylus RMX in the score of the new sci-fi film "District 9", which opens this week.

Re: Omnisphere in the new "District 9" film score

I'm not surprised. After using Omnisphere my only frustration was -- I am not worthy. The potential of the product is only limited by our own talent.

The other impressive thing is--an entire major motion picture score was produced on one Mac.

We no longer have any excuses!

very cool...i'm just starting on a sci fi score this week, and am ordering omnisphere today. can't wait to put it to work. (anyone know the cheapest source for ordering omnisphere online?).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkio View Post
    I'm not surprised. After using Omnisphere my only frustration was -- I am not worthy. The potential of the product is only limited by our own talent.

The other impressive thing is--an entire major motion picture score was produced on one Mac.

We no longer have any excuses!
    We've got to move beyond the presets. I like taking a patch from a synth (like Massive) and recreate the patch in Omnisphere. Try the Massive patch, Whirlpool. Even if you don't recreate it exactly I'll bet you'll develop several new patches just by trying.

Dig in. Have fun.

Indeed...that's what's so great about Omnisphere. If one wants to create sounds they have the tools they need. But I have absolutely no interest in doing anything but slightly tweaking the gazillion fantastic patches that are in there ready to go.

Time is money, and Omnisphere is shaping up to be a great time saver and money maker for me!

Jesus you guys over there at Spectrasonics really are the . I guess Im kind of new to using your products since I only got into them a few years ago. Im not trying to kiss but damn Omnisphere really is that product. Congrats on all the success you guys really deserve it.
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Go Back to forum