• Register
  • Help

Topic: K-Sounds Signature Piano - Free Demo Version Available

Share/Bookmark

Arrow K-Sounds Signature Piano - Free Demo Version Available

Hi folks,

I've uploaded a free demo version of Signature Piano, the new Kontakt-format C7 from K-Sounds. Two download formats are available: zip (large download size, greatest compatibility) and self-extracting rar (smaller download size, may require software that recognizes rar files to unpack correctly on a Mac).

To download as a zip file, right-click here and select "Save As" or "Save Target As." The download file is 476Mb, and it unpacks to about 765Mb. Use your computer's unzipping functions to unpack the file.

To download as a self-extracting rar file, right-click here and select "Save As" or "Save Target As." The download file is 172Mb, and it unpacks to about 765Mb. To unpack, double-click the file. In the window that appears, choose where you want everything to go, and click Install.

Demo features and limitations:

Notes in the middle two octaves of the keyboard (an octave in either direction from middle C) are like the full version - full unlooped decay up to 20 seconds. Notes outside that range fade-out after about 1 second. All release resonance samples, hammer noises, and damper noises are provided from the full version. All samples are 16-bit, not 24-bit like the full version. The script-based interface is fully functional.

Like the full version, you need to have Kontakt 2.2 or higher. The new, free Kontakt Player 3.5 will also load these sounds, but the player puts time limitations on use.

Edit: Like the demo, the full version is available in both zip and rar formats. Both are included when you order the download version of Signature Piano.

Enjoy the demo!
    Last edited by K-Sounds; 08-14-2009 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added alternate download format for demo.
    Keven Spargo, Sound Designer
    www.ksounds.com
    Quality sounds for Kontakt, Yamaha, Kurzweil, and Triton

Re: K-Sounds Signature Piano - Free Demo Version Available

Playing around with the new Kontakt Player and the full version of Signature Piano, I'm noticing the filter response on the release samples doesn't match what is heard using Kontakt 2.2 (loading the same SP file in both). When I voiced the instrument in Kontakt 2.2, I spent time getting the transition from note to release to be pretty seamless, and the player 3.5 isn't retaining all of the nuance for soft stacattos. I plan to investigate this. In the meantime, if anyone has insight into what Native Instruments might have changed in the filter section of the newer versions, please let me know.

Thanks!

EDIT: Native Instruments has confirmed that Kontakt's filters *should* be identical between versions. They are investigating this issue as a possible bug.
    www.ksounds.com

Added zip as a download format for the demo. Please see the first post in this thread.
    www.ksounds.com

The same download flexibility is in place for the full version. All Signature Piano download orders now include both ZIP and RAR formats.
    www.ksounds.com

Go Back to forum