• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Consummate Campaign

The Consummate Campaign

This piece is in 3 sections of about 2 minutes each. The first is the planning stage (already posted as Battle Plan), the 2nd is the campaign itself and the 3rd is the aftermath.

The piece uses GPO, EWQL Gold, Independence Free and was created in Sonar 8 PE.

Edit: I forgot to thank everyone that posted in Battle Plan. I knew that I was going to enlarge the piece shorty after posting it, so I just allowed it to go down the page to make it so I could post the remainder of the piece. So to all that did comment in that thread, Thank you very much and I hope you will bear thru the first 2 minutes of it again to get to the new material in this.

Here it is

The Consummate Campaign

It is also available here

Ronald (rolifer) Ferguson's Page - Composer's Forum

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Re: The Consummate Campaign

Bravo Ron!

You've created some really evocative soundscapes. I love the textures and the orchestration is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

Steve Winkler

A lot of my pieces lately have been based on texture I think more than melodies.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

I've noticed that actually. And I think that's a good thing. From what I can tell it sounds like a transitional stage in your development as a composer. To what of course I couldn't say, but it's providing for an interesting journey unfolding before us.

I always admire those who can successfully blend orchestral and 'electronic' instruments (for lack of a better way to say it) as you've done in your last few pieces.

Anyway I think everything you're presenting is quite strong and I'm looking forward to your continued development.

Steve Winkler

Okay Ron.....

Part 1 got my attention

Part 2 got me hooked

Where is Part 3? I want it NOW.

This is really nice Ron, has a good feeling to it, creepy but in a good way.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Southern Ontario, Canada

Hi Ron;
    As always. very cinematic and colorful! Thanks for sharing!
    Best regards,
    sd cisco

Hey Ron,

What exactly inspired you to mix the orchestra with electric guitar and drum set? Obviously it has been done in the past, 'Guns and Roses' comes to mind, but those are cheesy ballads. This is very unique!

It's like, controlled randomness (part 1). I, in a way, get lost, but you always guide me back. A very enjoyable experience when listening. Also your brass textures and quick articulations sound great. Very expressive. I think I am more of a fan of the second part - but that's just me.

Much enjoyed.
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post

A lot of my pieces lately have been based on texture I think more than melodies.
    Indeed, and highly successful at it, Ron -- there are powerful
    flavors and colors to savor in plenty in this. I don't know if
    you've consciously considered it or not (sometimes the "quiet
    mind" has more influence on the pen than we know)... but
    you also seem to be beginning to use texture as an element
    of form; a technique I've certainly advocated.

Thing is... to me, I believe I'd like to hear a fourth segment
    on this to balance out the overall structure. Up for it?

Well done!

My best,

David Sosnowski

Hi, Ron

At first I was having a Deja Vu - "HEY---I've already heard this--was it in a scary dream?" - Then I looked at the rest of your post--I generally try to save text for after or during a listen. - OK, so I get it--we heard "Battle Plan" and now we're moving on into the thick of things.

Should we be concerned that your work is so dark and agitated? Rhetorical and not seriously asked - or is it--?!

Be that as it may, you'd have a solid niche in the show biz world of movies if you ever wanted to try wrestling around with producers.

Exciting, my friend.

Go Back to forum