• Register
  • Help

Topic: Plouge GPO Studio Ver 2 and the Aria VST plug-in

Share/Bookmark

Question Plouge GPO Studio Ver 2 and the Aria VST plug-in

Can anyone advise me on this please:

I’ve just upgraded to GPO 4 from my original GPO1 version.
    My current DAW is Sonar 6 and I use Finale 2005 for notation.
    Finale 2005 doesn’t host VST plug-ins directly so with GPO 1 (NI GPO-KP1) I use Plouge’s clever VST Host, GPO Studio. Plouge have produced two versions of this VST host to my knowledge:
    Ver 1 was designed to work with the GPO 1 (NI GPO-KP1) VST plug-in; Ver 2 was designed to work with the GPO 2 (NI GPO-KP2) VST plug-in.

My Question Is: Will Ver 2 of GPO Studio host the GPO 4 (Plouge Aria) VST plug-in?

Unfortunately, I can’t just simply try this out because installing Ver 2 of GPO Studio replaces/updates Ver 1 and then I wouldn’t be able to use GPO 1 (NI GPO-KP1) with Finale 2005 anymore! I don’t want to use NI GPO-KP2 with Finale, it’s far too complex for my requirements when notating.

Re: Plouge GPO Studio Ver 2 and the Aria VST plug-in

Garritan Studio never was able to host KP2, only the first generation GPO and JABB.

Its been discontinued for a good while.
    And there are no plans to revive it.

The standalone Aria Player will however be updated to host more than 16 instruments and one midi port.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Hi Alan T,

please help me.... i also need GPO Studio 2.... please... i cant find any downloadable software now of GPO studio... please help me... can i please have a share of your installer? please...

you may post it here please... thank you so much... or, send it to my e-mail: joseph_bsmusic@yahoo.com

thank you so much in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
    Can anyone advise me on this please:

I’ve just upgraded to GPO 4 from my original GPO1 version.
    My current DAW is Sonar 6 and I use Finale 2005 for notation.
    Finale 2005 doesn’t host VST plug-ins directly so with GPO 1 (NI GPO-KP1) I use Plouge’s clever VST Host, GPO Studio. Plouge have produced two versions of this VST host to my knowledge:
    Ver 1 was designed to work with the GPO 1 (NI GPO-KP1) VST plug-in; Ver 2 was designed to work with the GPO 2 (NI GPO-KP2) VST plug-in.

My Question Is: Will Ver 2 of GPO Studio host the GPO 4 (Plouge Aria) VST plug-in?

Unfortunately, I can’t just simply try this out because installing Ver 2 of GPO Studio replaces/updates Ver 1 and then I wouldn’t be able to use GPO 1 (NI GPO-KP1) with Finale 2005 anymore! I don’t want to use NI GPO-KP2 with Finale, it’s far too complex for my requirements when notating.

Hello Joseph,
    Sorry for the delay in responding to your request. I'm happy to send you a copy of the GPO Studio 2 installer. As it was originally a "free" upgrade and it is no longer available or supported by Plouge there (hopefully) are no redistribution issues?
    One very important point:
    Do you intend hosting GPO or JABB? GPO Studio 2 was developed to support JABB, it doesn't add any addition functionality for GPO than is already provided by GPO Studio 1 and:
    GPO STUDIO 2 DOES NOT WORK WITH THE GPO 1.0 PLAYER.. Also, installing it will overwrite an existing GPO Studio 1 installation! So, if you are not using JABB I would recommend you try using GPO Studio 1 first.

I still have a copy of the GPO Studio 1 installer (somewhere), so let me know which you want and I will send it to your email address; I don't have attachment permissions on this forum, guess they don't trust me .
    Cheers
    Alan T

Hi Alan!

Do you still have your GPO Studio 2 installer? If that’s the case could you send it to my E-Mail address too? It's jeanclaudeselzer@aol.com
    I had a system crash too!

Thank you,
    all the best

JAN

Hello Jannus

The GPO Studio 2 Installer should now be in your Mail Inbox.
    Hope all goes well with the reinstall.

Regards

Alan T

Go Back to forum