• Register
  • Help

Topic: How aggressive are the AG patches?

How aggressive are the AG patches?

I've been thinking about picking up GPO4 to do some strings on a few of my pop/rock tunes. I really love the string sounds on Beatles records like Eleanor Rigby and I Am The Walrus - very gritty and dry. So I read through the user guide for GPO4 and saw that there are some more aggressive patches and I was wondering how gritty can it get.

Re: How aggressive are the AG patches?

With CC#16 up to the skies, together with a fair amount of velocity.

Hiya, WindowSills - I saw your question earlier, and with the small window of opportunity I had this morning, put together a very short Beatles-style string clip for you.

This has the Ag 1st strings, Ag Violas, Ag Cellos - all doubled with solo strings for each section, plus one solo bass.

I used the tools in Aria - the mixer, EQ, stereo stage, Ambience reverb. Since you said you liked the dry sound on The Beatles records, I used a Jazz Club (small room), editing it to be a smaller room than default, and was sparing in the amount of signal I sent to the reverb from the instruments.

Quasi-Beatles-style strings in GPO4

This is not an officially sanctioned demo - I wanted to try demoing what you asked for, but this MP3 should not be thought of as the final word on the question, or the best possible audio answer. I hope posting this doesn't rock the boat for Gary and his hard working team.

Thanks guys. I'll probably buy it and mess around with it this weekend.

Go Back to forum