• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New KH Srtrings

Share/Bookmark

New KH Srtrings

Found this link on the other forum. Interesting. Maybe Kirk can fill us in more. Best, Joseph
    http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/tvec2.html

Re: New KH Srtrings

Looks interesting. And he's clearing out emerald at $150?

Soooo....tempting....

Has anyone heard about any kind of timeline for when the new string sections will be out?
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

I just came back from Kirk's studio. The newly recorded strings have that signature Kirk Hunter sound but cleaner and the TVEC 2 programming he is implementing is fantastic: auto-divisi with the ability to combine sections of different sizes and soli; all controlled by the user with ensemble mixing settings and fully automatable; great sounding new solo strings, and so on.

He is shooting for a mid to late September release.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ashermusic View Post
    I just came back from Kirk's studio. The newly recorded strings have that signature Kirk Hunter sound but cleaner and the TVEC 2 programming he is implementing is fantastic: auto-divisi with the ability to combine sections of different sizes and soli; all controlled by the user with ensemble mixing settings and fully automatable; great sounding new solo strings, and so on.

He is shooting for a mid to late September release.
    I like Kirk's strings very much. I'm holding out on LASS till I hear more about this. I like that they will be cleaner - thats been my only small gripe with them so far - I mean the cleaness of sound in comparison to Sonivox etc, not that its that bad. Auto-divisi sounds great too. I wonder if there'll be a discount for customers who have TVEC 2 already?

Hi Jay, thanks for the update... I have all Kirk's stuff and I like the sound, so I'm looking forward to this... HOpefully they'll be some demos soon...

We are hoping to get a release soon in Oct. Finished the first demo at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/audiodemos.html
    (scroll down to Vivaldi Summer)
    More to come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter View Post
    We are hoping to get a release soon in Oct. Finished the first demo at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/audiodemos.html
    (scroll down to Vivaldi Summer)
    More to come soon.
    Kirk, that reverb is horrible. I'd do an other mix ASAP if i were you. Other than that, it sounds promising but I'd have to hear it with less reverb or a different reverb like nice convolution reverb.

geronimo001 AFAIK I don't know you and you probably do not know me but IMHO if you cannot hear past a reverb choice, you are probably in the wrong line of work .
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

What ever.

Go Back to forum