• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade Question

Share/Bookmark

Upgrade Question

Sorry if this seems too obvious or simple, but when I download the upgrade (yeah, it sounds funny to say it), does it replace my existing GPO, or create another set of files? If so, can I delete the older version? I want to get it right - obviously - but I don't want to inadvertently delete something I might need.

Thanks
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Re: Upgrade Question

No need to delete anything. You can use both together.
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

Thanks! Actually, though, I might want to delete the older version to save disk space. I have never used GPO in standalone mode - only through notation programs or Garageband. So, if I don't need both, it's good to save a few Gs on the hard drive.

Appreciate the response.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Hi, Ron - As long as you don't have previous projects you may want to return to. Adapting a KP2 GPO project to Aria could be a bit daunting since the volume levels are different and there are new parameters to use.

Good to see you, by the way - Seems like it's been awhile?

Randy B.

Randy,

Thanks - yes, it has been a while. I check in and read posts, but haven't had much time to listen to anything. Hope to be able to, soon.

No, no old projects. But as I know that Aria will need learning-curve time, I don't want to upgrade until I know I have the time to properly get it running.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Aria has a very short learning curve. It is so transparent and obvious, that you dont need more than a couple of minutes to work it out. It is just wonderful in that way...The only problem I had was that the area for clicking to load is relatively small, and i kept missing it...also, I was used to right-clicking to get the instruments list up - here it is a left click (on pc).

Seriously, you wont need 10 minutes to learn to use the player!

Go Back to forum