• Register
  • Help

Topic: AUX (Output) Effects in Kontakt 2

AUX (Output) Effects in Kontakt 2

I've just spent a very frustrating day trying to get the Aux (output) effects in Kontakt 2 to work.

I am using JABB and GPO instruments with instruments from several other libaries. I need to add various amounts of reverb to most of the instruments to make them sound like they were all recorded in the same room. I first tried to add this as a "send" effect, in each instrument. It sounded good. But it was vey tedious to set it up this way.

Since many instuments from the same libaries in the same sections will have the same effects with the same parameters, I tried to use Aux effects instead in these instances. I followed the instructions in the Kontakt manual to the letter. I tried changing everything I could possibly change. But no matter what I did, I couldn't get any insert effects in any Aux channel to change the sound. I tried setting the Aux send volumes on the instruments to the max. I can see the meter rising and falling in the aux channel. I boosted to the max, tried the most radical convolution reverbs, to be certain that I could tell the difference between the dry and wet sound. I played back my piece, switching the bypass button on and off. No difference whatsoever.

I must be missing something here, but I don't know what. Any ideas? Thanks.

Allegro Data Solutions

Re: AUX (Output) Effects in Kontakt 2

Hi ejr,

The aux outputs don't configure themselves to your master fader by default. If you click the Conf. button on their fader strip, are they set to the proper set of stereo channels?

Re: AUX (Output) Effects in Kontakt 2

Thanks. That did the trick.

Allegro Data Solutions

Go Back to forum