• Register
  • Help

Topic: No Vibrato on Solo Strings?

Share/Bookmark

No Vibrato on Solo Strings?

Is there a technique to achieve a "non vibrato" for the Solo Strings, as in a contemporary string quartet?

Re: No Vibrato on Solo Strings?

If you're talking about the GPO solo strings, then the answer is no. Vibrato is recorded in the samples and can't be removed.

I'm sure this will be possible in the GOS2 strings, whenever they're released.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers View Post
    If you're talking about the GPO solo strings, then the answer is no. Vibrato is recorded in the samples and can't be removed.

I've read the GOS2 string idea is dead. I recently upgraded to GPO4.
    But I haven't found any control over the vibrato.

GOS2 is still in the works according to earlier posts.

GPO4 doesn't include a feature to change the vibrato speed of the solo strings.

Jim

Thanks, Haydn-Mod!
    Everywhere I google GOS2 it comes up with threads from 2006,
    so I thought it was dead.
    It's not mentioned as existing or in the works at garritan, although some threads say it would be out 1st qtr 2009, and since this is qtr 4, is why I thought it died.
    The Aria driver is out, so ideas when GOS2 will come out?
    I also read somewhere that JABB would be next.

No official date is set. Gary has stopped giving estimate release dates on future products.

Jim

Forgive me for being uninformed, but what is GOS2?

GOS = Garritan Orchestral Strings. The original GOS was released in 2001 or therabouts, and was the first big string library for Gigastudio. It was discontinued a few years ago.

GOS 2 is in the works, but we don't know when it will be released. More information in this thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=69320
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    No official date is set. Gary has stopped giving estimate release dates on future products.

Jim
    I heard from a good source "later this year". My guess is it has to be beefed up to be more competitive against a lot of the other new libraries: Kirk Hunter Concert Strings, LASS, Cinematic Strings, Hollywood Strings, and of course VSL. Or maybe there is more money to be made filling other niches.

The original GOS had a lot of techniques these new ones don't - sul ponticello, sul tasto, col legno, so that would be a big plus. But LASS has controllable glissandi, a big selling point for me.

Quote Originally Posted by danpowers View Post

You are so right about the composing part.

Go Back to forum