• Register
  • Help

Topic: What a long haul ...

Share/Bookmark

Cool What a long haul ...

Just finished the music for another 48 hour film contest / festival. I want to tell you people who do this for a living .... HOLY SCHIST! I mean this isn't easy trying to come up with something so quickly under such a time slot. Started on Friday at 6:30 or so after we discussed and planed the script. Dead line for the music was 2:00 pm EST today. I just made it when the crew came over to pick it up and have me sign consent form to use it. A formality I guess even though there is hardly a reason for someone to steal my work.

Can't post the end result yet until the contest is over and the first, second and third place are chosen. Actually, it really isn't much. Just a ton of percussion for tribal war drums.

One thing is for sure ... we have to get Gary to start working on Ethnic percussion from around the world! It sure would have made it a little easier.

The producer, director, and crew were all pleased so I guess I did something right.
    Styxx

Re: What a long haul ...

Congrats Styxx! I look forward to seeing and hearing the result!

That is awesome! I have been working on some contest films too lately! I totally know what you have been going through!

Good luck!!

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Thanks Reegs! Jerry, long time no hear! Are you still at it or did you have a short time frame as well? My wife and I are going to the viewing on Thursday night this week where we can experience the finished work along with others. Also, we are to vote on each film for Audience favorite.

Thanks again gents.
    Styxx

Congratulations Styxx!

I wish you all the best for success in the contest/festival.

World Instruments is getting close and there is plenty of Ethnic Percussion.

Ethnic percussion will make life easier for you? OK - you are hereby anointed beta tester for the upcoming World Instruments library.....

~Gary

Instant movie! Instant movie music! What fun--but MAn, I'd be sweatin' bullets, racing to get it done. GReat fun to do though, I'm sure--at least once in awhile!

Keep us posted, Styxx!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post

World Instruments is getting close

~Gary
    Careful Gary!

Congratulations Styxx.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    Careful Gary!.
    Thanks Alan,

...almost lapsed into NEWT-syndrome. Having friends is what keeps us on the straight and narrow path.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Congratulations Styxx!

I wish you all the best for success in the contest/festival.

World Instruments is getting close and there is plenty of Ethnic Percussion.

Ethnic percussion will make life easier for you? OK - you are hereby anointed beta tester for the upcoming World Instruments library.....

~Gary
    I really need to beta test Ethnic Percussion. Man, most of the drums I used were either my own or royalty free loops and samples. Not quite up to my standards as a percussionist but with plenty of FX sounded decent.
    Thank you Gary!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum