• Register
  • Help

Topic: Drivers & Rates for GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Question Drivers & Rates for GPO4

I just installed, and when I click on the Aria Player I'm told:

"Check preferences. Maybe the current driver doesn't support this sample rate."

Q1: Which sample rate? 44.1, 48, am I supposed to guess?

Q2: I'm using the MAudio 2496 soundcard, which is capable of either of those rates. But when I go to preferences and correctly select the MAudio driver in preference to ASIO4ALL, the app crashes immediately, with no explanations about from the Microsoft bug report option.

What now?

/R

Re: Drivers & Rates for GPO4

Hi Ray,

Welcome to the board. I've had that problem too. Typically it has occurred for me when I have a few applications open and the ASIO driver is already in use by another app (including Windows). Can you get the engine to start if you select the DirectSound option?

Aria will run with 48k or 44.1k. The samples are at 44.1 so I'd set your card to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Hi Ray,

Welcome to the board. I've had that problem too. Typically it has occurred for me when I have a few applications open and the ASIO driver is already in use by another app (including Windows). Can you get the engine to start if you select the DirectSound option?

Aria will run with 48k or 44.1k. The samples are at 44.1 so I'd set your card to that.
    Nope, didn't crash but didn't work either. I have no other apps open.

Not a squeak out of the setup, in standalone at least.

Edit: But it does work properly as a VSTi in FL8.5. So, this is just a standalone-specific buglette.

Hi Ray,

I should say up front that I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, since this is my first post in any forum, but I've been following your thread with keen interest since I had a very similar problem a couple of days ago, when trying to select my only valid ASIO device in the standalone Aria Player. I'm pleased, however, to be able to report success in resolving the issue after following Reegs' starting point - and making some assumptions!

So that you can judge whether we are "reading from the same page", I should also mention here that my Vista system has an inboard Realtek HDA chipset as well as the EMU0404USB that I use specifically for "creative audio". With that caveat in mind, here are the steps that I used to solve the problem:

1. Start the Aria Player and dismiss the annoying message;
    2. Go to Preferences, change the driver type to DirectSound and select the system default destination - in my case Realtek Digital Output;
    3. Exit the Aria Player and restart it;
    4. Go to Preferences again and this time select the M-Audio card, leaving the driver type for the moment;
    5. Exit the Aria Player and restart it;
    6. Finally (pant, pant ...) go back to Preferences yet again and change the driver type to ASIO.

Steps 3 and 5, above, may well have been excessively cautious on my part but I tend to be a little cynical when I have this kind of problem with new software!

I'm not sure from your original post how similar your problem was to mine, but I hope that the above will meet with similar success in your case. My thanks, incidentally, to both you and Reegs for pointing me in the right direction.

I will now go back to trying to resolve the issues of world peace and harmony (or to trying to figure out why I'm getting more glitches with GPO4 than I ever got with GPO3 - I'm not sure which problem is more challenging! )

Kind regards,

Keith

Go Back to forum