• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Whole Shebang

Share/Bookmark

Arrow The Whole Shebang

I invite you to explore and find music you haven't heard before, or to re-visit things you've enjoyed in the past.

I've rounded up the entire history of my postings in The Listening Room and organized it all in a chronological chart. The MP3s, the links to the original discussion threads, the illustrations – they're all on one easy-to-use page of a new web page.

For your listening pleasure, for nostalgia, for easy access to The Listening Room archives – I offer you The Whole Shebang. Just click on the Music tab of this web page:

The Music of Randy Bowser

Now I look forward to continuing to listen to everyone else's music here at our favorite online Forum.

Randy B.

Re: The Whole Shebang

Cool idea Randy!
    How much time did that take?
    I was thinking of doing something like that on my site.

Also, I had an idea for a "Quote Exchange and/or Link" type system.
    I was thinking, sometimes people, here on the forum, say such great, inspiring, and thought provoking statements about our own works that would never cross our minds being the artist. I was wondering if other forum members would like to borrow quotes from others on their music to use for promotional purposes. For example, If I used a quote by you, on Harvester, on my site, I would link your name from my site to yours.

Does this make sense?
    Just curious to what others would think about this.

M

Sorry Randy, I may have unintentionally started a sub-topic not associated with your original thread. My apologies. Maybe I'll start this in General Discussion.
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

It's visually and aurally appealing, Mister Randy! Nice job.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor View Post
    ...How much time did that take?
    I was thinking of doing something like that on my site.

Also, I had an idea for a "Quote Exchange and/or Link" type system... I was wondering if other forum members would like to borrow quotes from others on their music to use for promotional purposes...

Sorry Randy, I may have unintentionally started a sub-topic not associated with your original thread. My apologies. Maybe I'll start this in General Discussion.
    Hi, Michael - Thanks for taking a look.

I felt it was a fun idea, so I just plunged in. It took me three days, putting in quite a few hours each day.

I made a Word Doc first, and with the entire history of The Listening Room open, I made my way through, finding my posts and copying all the info - MP3 links at Box, links to conversation threads, and any illustrations I used.

Then I used a fairly humble template at Tripod to assemble the data I had in the Word Doc. So - it all took awhile, but now I have all the info organized and I could upgrade to a more current looking web page when I want.

Having quotes about our music from fellow Forum members is a good idea, and that's what I did to help promote "Dorian." I asked permission, which I think we'd need to always do, because there could be some circumstances where someone isn't comfortable to have a quote used. Amongst the off topic things, some odd or negative comments, we can all find positive statements that could help promote our work.

Also, it would be best to select quotes and not link to the original source, using the standard formatting of "...quote..."

No problem at all that you delved into this sub-topic, Michael. This thread is fairly wide-open to several topics since it's not a posting of new music.

Thanks again.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    It's visually and aurally appealing, Mister Randy! Nice job.

My Best,
    Thanks much, Mister Larry.

Now, if YOU put together an all-inclusive archive like this of all your Listening Room posts - !! - the mind boggles. You'd need at least 20 pages as long as that "Music" page on my site. You have to be the most prolific poster here, with Ron Rolifer and Gary Mosse tying for second place - amazing how much music you three are able to produce.

It was fun to put together - glad you had fun taking a look.

Randy

Randy;
    Well I have taken quite a little tour of your Whole Shebang and it really reveals what an all-round excellent and creative musician you are. I watched the Aulde Lang Syne video and got a look at you and your doll Kate and the wonderful surroundings on the West coast, all to your great rendition of the classic. Great Vibe!
    And as for Dorian Gray, it deserves an in depth look and listen and I will report my findings once they are available. Thanks for sharing this, it provides real insight into you and your life.
    Best regards,
    sd cisco

Sd! I'm really glad you investigated this thread. It helped me to get my whole history of Listening Room posts organized, and I was hoping it would be fun for other people too. As one of our newer members, it's great to know you've been looking around and getting a better idea of where I'm at, what I do.

"Auld Lang Syne" - ah that brings back memories. It was the first thing I did with JABB. There were two versions - an MP3, and then a much shorter version as the soundtrack for the slide show vid you had a look at.

The "Dorian" pieces make up more than half of what I posted here. All through 2007 and spilling into 2008, I posted the numbers in order. Difficult to wade through the lot of them on that chart I put together, but you'll get some idea about the show from the MP3s and the discussion threads.

It's my very non-Broadway dramatic stage piece - more of a play set to music than a traditional musical. Semi-operatic, not song oriented (though there are a handful of "take out tunes" amongst the sung dialogue).

Check your PM - I'm going to send you something.

Thanks again, Sd!

Randy

Great idea, Randy -- and a lot of great music,
    as well... spent a while there earlier listening
    to a number of pieces.

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Yeah Randy,

this is very coooool!

After listening to some of your great music I saw and heared that I had not listend to all in the past.

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Great idea, Randy -- and a lot of great music,
    as well... spent a while there earlier listening
    to a number of pieces.

Best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    Thank you much, David. You're definitely one of the people I had foremost in my mind when I put this together, because you've been so continuously supportive and enthusiastic about my posts.

I thought it would be a fun way to wrap things up, doing a retrospective of all the music posts I ever put up on the Garritan Forum. It's certainly been a very fun time in my life, even though I wasn't able to post much all through 2008 because of the whirlwind schedule my show, "Dorian," was on at that time.

I look forward to hearing more music from you and all of the talented group here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Randy

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast