• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO 4 CC messages cause CPU spikes in sonar

Share/Bookmark

GPO 4 CC messages cause CPU spikes in sonar

I've just upgraded to GPO 4 and am having problems with the VST version in Sonar 8. The audio stutters whenever the mod wheel is moved or aftertouch is sent and the CPU spikes alarmingly. When playing just notes the CPU hovers around 2% but rises to 50% or more when the mod wheel is 1st moved. This does settle down but the audio stutters continuously.
    The problem soes not occur when the equivalent patch is loaded into Kontakt 3.5 nor with the stan alone player.

System Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.00 GB RAM, Audio card Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Sonar 8.3.1.372, Windows XP SP3
    Callum

Re: GPO 4 CC messages cause CPU spikes in sonar

Quote Originally Posted by 1cal View Post
    I've just upgraded to GPO 4 and am having problems with the VST version in Sonar 8. The audio stutters whenever the mod wheel is moved or aftertouch is sent and the CPU spikes alarmingly. When playing just notes the CPU hovers around 2% but rises to 50% or more when the mod wheel is 1st moved. This does settle down but the audio stutters continuously.
    The problem soes not occur when the equivalent patch is loaded into Kontakt 3.5 nor with the stan alone player.

System Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.00 GB RAM, Audio card Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96, Sonar 8.3.1.372, Windows XP SP3
    Callum
    Known incompatibility with Sonar. Sonar cant refresh a GUI and render audio at the same time. ARIA expect the graphic refreshes to be done in a separate core/thread, but its currently not possible.

[EDIT] Just got confirmation that the issue is supposedly fixed in a later update to sonar date TBD.

In the mean time, you can close the UI when you dont need it, and you should not have those stutters.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Re: GPO 4 CC messages cause CPU spikes in sonar

OK thanks. Closing the Synth Properties Page cures the problem.I'll look forward to the update. Callum

Go Back to forum