• Register
  • Help

Topic: Volume Drop outs in ARIA Player for GPO4

Share/Bookmark

Volume Drop outs in ARIA Player for GPO4

Hi,
    I have ARIA inside a Cubase project.
    I've picked one instrument and have some midi data played out.
    I'm noticing sudden volume drop outs in the ARIA player. To fix this I reload the instrument and all is well again until the next random drop out.
    It's getting really annoying needing to load the instruments over and over again.
    Does anyone else experience this?

Thank you.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Volume Drop outs in ARIA Player for GPO4

And we meet yet again, Yairhol- On the same front page here in Support and Technical, you'll see a thread with the same topic. So other people are having the same problem.

What you describe sounds like the old problem of MIDI controllers being re-set to zero when you stop playback. In Sonar there's a default setting under Project Options which doesn't help Garritan users - it makes CC1 go to zero every time you stop playback--so all Garritan projects have to have that default turned off.

BUT I understand you're using Cubase and not Sonar- and what I've described may very well have Nothing to do with your problem. - But--maybe it does?

Randy

Re: Volume Drop outs in ARIA Player for GPO4

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    Hi,
    I have ARIA inside a Cubase project.
    I've picked one instrument and have some midi data played out.
    I'm noticing sudden volume drop outs in the ARIA player. To fix this I reload the instrument and all is well again until the next random drop out.
    It's getting really annoying needing to load the instruments over and over again.
    Does anyone else experience this?

Thank you.
    yairhol,

We will look into this. In the meantime look at the MIDI event list in Cubase and make sure that there is no MIDI data that would be setting CC#1 or CC#7 to cause volume fluctuations. Next make sure that the controllers are not resetting every time you hit stop. It may be losing its default settings. The setting that should fix the CC1 reset problem in Cubase SX is in File/Preferences. The MIDI section has two checkboxes, named "Reset on Part End" and "Reset on Stop". If these are UNCHECKED, GPO users should have no problems with CC1 resetting to 0.

See if that helps.

Best,

Gary

Go Back to forum