• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I can't purchase GPO upgrade-won't accept ser. number

Share/Bookmark

I can't purchase GPO upgrade-won't accept ser. number

Oh my goodness, I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of hours now and I'm totally lost.

I tried to purchase the GPO 4 update, and it asked for my Kontakt player serial number. I've tried every number I can find, looking in the Garritan registration form, and in the Native Instruments "Service Center". Nothing works (Garritan says it's not a valid number).

Why do these software companies make it so bloody hard to buy, and register, and activate, and use their products? Hoops, hoops, and more hoops.

There, I feel better now. Would you guys please help me to hit the reset switch in my brain and get back to square one by telling me how to find the correct number to punch into the GPO store order form so I can purchase the upgrade?

Thanks so much.

Re: I can't purchase GPO upgrade-won't accept ser. number

Ancient Chinese strategist Sun Tzu wrote that exercising patience often leads to victory. He who is patient will not be totally lost.

The past couple hours is a regenerative time (after hours) for our staff. Sun Tzu teaches of the importance of rest. We will soon resume and answer your email (if you sent one).

It could be the number was entered wrong (make sure to use dashes) or is entered in our databases wrong. Whatever it is we will solve it quickly. And you may find it is the easiest buying experience you may have for software yet.

Listen to your namesame Sun Tzu. Patience grasshopper.

~Gary

For the vast majority there is no problem and everything went fine and smoothly. Compare the the total number of people updating, the problems are relatively few. It could be a number of factors. It could be wrong user entry for a few, NI may not have supplied all the correct numbers, some numbers may have been mis-entered in our system on our end, time-out issues - or various other reasons. We're handling them all completely and relatively quickly.

~Gary

Hi, Gary - People having problems are more likely to pop up on the Forum than the ones who are happily downloading and having a good time making music with GPO4. Yes!

Sun Tzu may be entering the # too early, as was pointed out several times as the stumbling block for a number of users - So I wanted to suggest it as a solution.

It just seems like with the number of people showing up on various pages of the Forum here with registration problems, that it can't always be due to user error - ?

Randy waving HOWdy to just up north of me to Orcas Island.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Gary - People having problems are more likely to pop up on the Forum than the ones who are happily downloading and having a good time making music with GPO4. Yes!

Sun Tzu may be entering the # too early, as was pointed out several times as the stumbling block for a number of users - So I wanted to suggest it as a solution.

It just seems like with the number of people showing up on various pages of the Forum here with registration problems, that it can't always be due to user error - ?

Randy waving HOWdy to just up north of me to Orcas Island.
    A lot of people are trying to register with their Kontakt serial and of course getting errors. It seems we got an incomplete list of serials from NI so there are numbers missing from the database. An email to support@garritan.biz will get this sorted quickly and efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    A lot of people are trying to register with their Kontakt serial and of course getting errors. It seems we got an incomplete list of serials from NI so there are numbers missing from the database. An email to support@garritan.biz will get this sorted quickly and efficiently.
    Thanks, Tony - If more posts come up with people having trouble registering, we should all help out by simply directing them to the support email, rather than possibly passing on incorrect info. Will do!

"...A lot of people are trying to register with their Kontakt serial and of course getting errors..."

--? I don't get that part - Why are they "of course" getting errors? You're saying on this post that NI gave you an incomplete list of #s, so that's the source of the problem. But users are supposed to be entering their Kontakt serial #s, so it's not as if instructions aren't being followed. Right?

Randy

"...A lot of people are trying to register with their Kontakt serial and of course getting errors..."
    The registration system at www.garritan.biz is for ARIA libraries only as stated on the website, some people are trying to register a Kontakt serial there which won't work. Kontakt serials are registered with Native Instruments and ARIA serials are registered on the Garritan site.

The registration system at www.garritan.biz is for ARIA libraries only as stated on the website, some people are trying to register a Kontakt serial there which won't work. Kontakt serials are registered with Native Instruments and ARIA serials are registered on the Garritan site.
    ----Maybe I'm having a Stupid morning, lol - I am really trying to get all of these things straight so I can help folks out and not give them wrong information.

At the Garritan.biz site, when a user goes to get the upgrade, it says:

"Please provide a valid Kontakt serial number to be eligible for this upgrade"

--so - ?

Randy

----Maybe I'm having a Stupid morning, lol - I am really trying to get all of these things straight so I can help folks out and not give them wrong information.

At the Garritan.biz site, when a user goes to get the upgrade, it says:

"Please provide a valid Kontakt serial number to be eligible for this upgrade"

--so - ?

Randy
    Undertand the difference between registration and ordering the upgrade. There are two parts to the system at www.garritan.biz the shop and registration.

You want the upgrade you go to the shop and purchase it, you'll be prompted for a valid GPO Kontakt serial and off you go.

BUT some people are trying to register with a Kontakt serial and that goes wrong because as I stated the registration system is for ARIA serials only.

You have a Kontakt library, go mess around on Native Instruments' site. You have an ARIA library you register it at www.garritan.biz.

Some people are also trying to login to www.garritan.biz with the email and password they registered with Native Instruments - fail. There is no connection between the registration system at NI and the Garritan site.

Undertand the difference between registration and ordering the upgrade. There are two parts to the system at www.garritan.biz the shop and registration.

You want the upgrade you go to the shop and purchase it, you'll be prompted for a valid GPO Kontakt serial and off you go.

BUT some people are trying to register with a Kontakt serial and that goes wrong because as I stated the registration system is for ARIA serials only.

You have a Kontakt library, go mess around on Native Instruments' site. You have an ARIA library you register it at www.garritan.biz.

Some people are also trying to login to www.garritan.biz with the email and password they registered with Native Instruments - fail. There is no connection between the registration system at NI and the Garritan site.
    Ah--Thanks, Tony, for your patience.

I'm probably not alone in thinking of that first step, entering the Kontakt serial #, as part of registration. I understand what you're saying, that this is the Open Sesame to get the process started, but the actual registration comes later when the Aria serial # has to be entered.

Earlier I was thinking you meant that the Kontakt serial # wasn't needed at all - even though that was contradictory to the rest of what you were saying. - I think I need more coffee.

Got it, Captain. Thanks again.

Randy

Go Back to forum