• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cakewalk + audio capture sync problem

Share/Bookmark

Cakewalk + audio capture sync problem

I was trying to do an audio capture using the sync feature. However, when I click play in Cakewalk, the audio capture doesn\'t begin. However, when I click play on my on-board sequence of my Korg X3, the audio capture does start. I have made sure the Cakewalk is the Master Midi device so I suppose it should send out a Midi start message. Also, when I click play in Cakewalk, GS does play the notes but it doesn\'t do the capture. Am I missing something?

[This message has been edited by Kevin Cheung (edited 04-28-2000).]

Re: Cakewalk + audio capture sync problem

I found out what went wrong. I didn\'t set up Cakewalk to send MIDI start message. Sorry for wasting your time.

Hey, I am using cakepro9 and I still can\'t get the Giga capture to sync to midi. Could you explain in more detail what your setup is?!

I am in my office so I can\'t give you a very accurate answer. I think what I did was to open the preferences for the project. There is a tab regarding MIDI messages. There is a box somewhere that says \"Send Start/Stop MIDI messages\". I just checked that box and voila! It is not in the MIDI device option. Hope this helps.

Dude, thanks for the reply, but I still can\'t get this audio capture to groove. I\'ve selected the start/stop thing as you mentioned but I must be missing something... What are the other boxes you have selected in that window (project options)? I have tried it with every thing selected and with only the transmit midi start/stop continue select and nothing...If you get a chance, could you give me a play-by-play of what you do to capture your files? Perhaps I have a wrong setup in gigasampler?

Thanks

Been having the exact same problem as you Retroman. I\'ve pretty much given up on this feature and just use non-synced capture mode and once I import the wave into Cakewalk 9.0 I position the wave to start where it should using cut and paste. More trouble but it works.

Go Back to forum