• Register
  • Help

Topic: What about the backbeat sample CD

Share/Bookmark

What about the backbeat sample CD

I am really looking for flexible drum loops.
    I found a demo of the backbeat sample CD with Groove Control? Is it any good. How does Groove Control work and is it very flexible (tempo/quantize). And the sound quality. Are there more demos?
    I don\'t need samples because I don\'t have drum pads. Or is there somebody who thinks he can drum realistic on a keyboard?

Robbert

Re: What about the backbeat sample CD

I drum realistic on the keyboard, all day long. I usually do it in seperate takes. hi hat first, then bass drum, then snare.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robbertvanweelderen:
    I am really looking for flexible drum loops.
    I found a demo of the backbeat sample CD with Groove Control? Is it any good. How does Groove Control work and is it very flexible (tempo/quantize). And the sound quality. Are there more demos?
    I don\'t need samples because I don\'t have drum pads. Or is there somebody who thinks he can drum realistic on a keyboard?

Robbert
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robbert,

Groove Control works much like tempo scaling of loops in Acid or Fruity Loops. It allows you to load the loops into your sampler and the loops will follow the tempo or tempo changes as defined by your sequencer (without the \"chipmunk\" effect). With very drastic tempo changes I notice that the sound of the loop can tend to change somewhat, but even that can be ok for producing an entirely new sound (depending on what you\'re trying to get out of the samples).

Ryan.

------------------
    Sonic Control
    www.soniccontrol.com
    Giga Users Network at
    www.soniccontrol.com/gigasampler/

Could you make me some kind of tutorial for drumming on the keyboard, using a GM kit?
    I would appreciate it very much.

Robbert

Go Back to forum