• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: So... How are we doing with GPO4 ARIA?

Share/Bookmark

So... How are we doing with GPO4 ARIA?

Now that many of you have had a chance to make music with GPO4, how do you like it? It took a while to develop our own player. And many of you waited patiently.

Are we on the right track for this first 1.0 release?

Hats off the David and the folks at Plogue, Tom, Jeff, Mark and the rest of the team.And many thanks to our beta testers who helped us in so many ways.

The response so far has been better than we could have imagined. How was the download and registration experience? And your experience in general so far?

We are just getting started and are planning more upgrades and features. We'll have some free instrument downloads for registered users, ARIA updates and other libraries. Stay tuned...

I'm looking forward to hearing the music you make with GPO4.

My best,

Gary

Re: So... How are we doing with GPO4 ARIA?

Love it Gary. I "upgraded" from Pocket Orchestra so I'm in heaven with all of the instruments and articulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    ..... The response so far has been better than we could have imagined. How was the download and registration experience? And your experience in general so far?

I'm looking forward to hearing the music you make with GPO4.

My best,

Gary
    Hello Gary,

The download and registration, for me, was perfect. I have read on our forums of folks who had trouble with their KP2 Serial Numbers being accepted but for me everything went without a hitch. Registration couldn't have been easier or smoother .. just drag that small registration card onto the Aria window and voila .. all done. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    ..... I'm looking forward to hearing the music you make with GPO4.

My best,

Gary
    I'm yet to try GPO4 Aria in sonar. I've been following the recent threads on GPO4 in Sonar and the different way of thinking needed to export ie using the 'Fast' option in sonar. I'll soon be trying everything in Sonar and am looking forward to making some music there.

Thanks again for all your hard work with Aria .. it must have been quite a journey.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I haven't upgraded yet. Two reasons.

1. The Mac minimum system requirements are more than I currently have. I do use the Aria player that came with Finale and I can get a handful of instruments to work before clipping occurs. How different in terms of processing power is this new version of Aria than that which came with Finale?

2. I still haven't heard an answer if the eventual upgrade to Aria of JABB & CAMB will also be a $49 paid upgrade. If they all are paid upgrades, I'll carefully choose which ones to upgrade and which ones not to.

JT

Hey Gary
    Long time no post.

Yep the GPO4 was a snap to download...and a snap to register.
    Everything seems to be working very smoothly.
    Love the new Aria engine...nice clean gui...and nice new content ( SAM brass etc).

I hope you and Marianne are prospering.....big waves to all my old forum friends.

regards Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner View Post
    I haven't upgraded yet. Two reasons.

1. The Mac minimum system requirements are more than I currently have.

JT
    Hi JT,
    Do you know there was a typo in the original mac specs?
    I think it's now a 1.6 Intel and MAYBE even a G5 can cope!
    Trilian, GPO 4, JABB, EZDrummer, Superior Drums, Logic 9, and too many guitars.

Gary,

I'm thoroughly enjoying GPO4! I started using GPO when it was a 4-CD set, and I've been through each Plogue Studio and KP update over the years. This update was the easiest by far to install and activate. It was certainly worth the $49 upgrade.

I can load an entire orchestra in about 30 seconds with Aria, as opposed to 2 minutes with KP/KP2. No stuttering, no crashing, standalone or in Finale. It's wonderful.

I especially like the activation. It's so easy to drag the image file on to the player, and I think it's a brilliant way to cut down on pirated software.

I look forward to expansions, upgrades, JABB on Aria...hopefully soon...

Where do we stand on Real Spaces?
    Maybe I should have come up with a more original username.

Joe, HOW AWESOME TO SEE YOU HERE AGAIN!
    Welcome back!!!
    Dan

Smile Re: So... How are we doing with GPO4 ARIA?

For me, so far so good! I "ditto" all of the positive feedback that everyone has been sharing. Really love the ProjectSAM brass library!

Looking forward to the newer instruments that will be added to Aria.

Again. . . much gratitude to the "Garritan Gang" for creating such a great library.

Cheers. . .

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

My only problem with the download was that it was too easy. I kept trying to out-guess the instructions and messed it up a couple of times. But once I paid attention - it was great.

Other than that, it has performed flawlessly. Way beyond any other library or player I have experienced. And, it sounds tgerrific.

Do I dare ask about JABB and CHOIR?

Go Back to forum