• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone tried the new Vienna Imperial Bosey?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone tried the new Vienna Imperial Bosey?

Has anyone tried the new Vienna Imperial Bosendorfer? This is the new $850 or so mega 55GB sampled piano with 100 velocity layers. I was really surprised that googling for it, there appears to be very little info on it other than marketing blurbs.

I couldn't find any reviews or even forum posts by anyone who's actually purchased and used it. I was just wondering if all that tech and velocity layers actually sounds any good. I wonder how it would compare to Ivory, Garritan, or East West?

I guess with no user demo and the high $$$, not many have given it a go?

Smile Re: Anyone tried the new Vienna Imperial Bosey?

I tried the vsl bösendorfer a couple of weeks ago, because i was looking for an alternative live giggin piano software. i used to play the ivory steinway for years...
    to my mind vsl did a great job: superb playability, original bösendorfer imperial tone captured and everything on board for a natural sounding piano recording session, but... i was looking for a piano that suggest me sitting on the bench in front of the piano and the sound of the bösendorfer is not my first choice.....i gave it back!
    so, if you like boesy sounds and you want to simulate a real piano recording session, this is the one to go..
    if you want to use it live...i would still go for ivory..
    but i am loading the new steinberg the grand 3 at the moment and i can comment on this after testing if you like

best,
    sam

Re: Anyone tried the new Vienna Imperial Bosey?

Quote Originally Posted by samwhite View Post
    but i am loading the new steinberg the grand 3 at the moment and i can comment on this after testing if you like
    I would certainly be interested to hear your impressions of The Grand 3.

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum