• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL solo strings in Finale 2009+

Share/Bookmark

VSL solo strings in Finale 2009+

Hi all,

I was just about to start generating a set of matrices and human playback articulation files for using the vienna vi solo strings in Finale 2009 and I was just wondering if anyone had already done this and was willing to share? I have been using Jay Bacal's matrices and was thinking of stripping them down to the essential articulations and generating the articulations (so you could get a whole quartet into 2gb of ram). That way one could go back to Jay's full set and refine in a sequencer but still get an idea of the sound while working in Finale.

If there are no offers I'll see how well it works and post the results. Thanks,

Paul

Re: VSL solo strings in Finale 2009+

Just a bump to see if anyone has any ideas-I am working on a set of patches and preferences, but it is slow going.

Paul

Re: VSL solo strings in Finale 2009+

I have not explained myself clearly. I know that it's monophonic. When I write 2 or more notes legato I mean in a row. A phrase. If I play say 4/4 BPM 60, 2 quarter notes followed by a sustained note (say 2 bars), the note will not sustain. It will cut off before and when I release the key, a small quirk arrives. Please go through my post again and comment on the issues. Thanks in advance.

Go Back to forum