>>We are aware of the Sonar GUI issues and are talking to engineers at Cakewalk to see how best to address this.<<
Dear David (Plogue) and All,
Further to your comment in another bug thread, could you elaborate on what you mean by 'the Sonar GUI Issues'. Does this include a very nasty bug/problem I am getting as described below?
1. Working with Sonar Production Edition, latest v8.3.1. Only 6 tracks for a string quartet and piano so far.
2. Using GPO4 exclusively, standard sound sets, and Violin Solo KS and Viola Solo KS patches give problem.
3. Working in Piano Roll View, with SOLO on track being edited. Adding KS notes, CC#21 length, CC#64 sustain and note overlap tweaks.
4. All's well until a totally random high-pitched, FULL volume note shatters my concentration and ears!
5. Last time had problem, all I did was scroll PRV back a few measures and about to hit play. Time before, all I remember was working in one area of PRV and hitting Play. Not consistent.
6. Get a sound problem dialog box but no time to gather details. So worried about my Mackie monitors! Accepting error dialog does not kill sound. So I wind down the hardware volume control to min (thank God for separate controls on monitors).
7. Still dazed (happened three times now) and found that either closing Sonar kills sound, or doing a Save (Ctrl-S). The latter was last time, so maybe a hint here?
8. Last event left me with PC unable to shutdown or reboot. sonarprd.exe file reported by Windoze to be 'not responding', although Sonar already shutdown. Time before, the PC rebooted itself.
9. Random thought tells me maybe the Sonar Auto-save is part of problem, so disabled that now to continue work. If problem hits me again today I will update message.
Q1: Is this a known problem? Sonar GUI/Aria issue? Something else?
Q2: Any suggestions on what I can do to avoid this VERY nasty bug?
Look forward to any help. Running Windows XP Pro on Intel Quad Q9450 PC. 4GB RAM.