• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA suggestion

Share/Bookmark

ARIA suggestion

Hi,
    Can you please add a check mark, in the instrument list, next to the currently selected instrument?
    Say I have an instrument in one slot. Now I want to change it but I can't rememeber where that instrument was in the list and which one it was in the sub-lists.
    Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: ARIA suggestion

nice idea!
    +1

Hi, Yairhol

When you load an instrument into a slot but then decide to change it, all you have to do is click in the same place again and choose another instrument. You don't have to look up the first instrument again and un-load it.

Or am I not understanding your request - ?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    Hi,
    Can you please add a check mark, in the instrument list, next to the currently selected instrument?
    Say I have an instrument in one slot. Now I want to change it but I can't rememeber where that instrument was in the list and which one it was in the sub-lists.
    Thanks.

A nice addition to the instrument menu can be an entry with something like "Rencently used instruments", that can make load quickly what you want, instead of navigate trough the menues.
    Marcelo Colina

Quote Originally Posted by marce View Post
    A nice addition to the instrument menu can be an entry with something like "Recently used instruments", that can make load quickly what you want, instead of navigate trough the menues.
    Nice idea. I would use that.

Even better for me would be a "Recently used folders" section. So if you want to load several different instruments from the same category (e.g., a "Player1" "Player2" flute duet), you don't need to navigate to the same directory over and over. Would be really useful when creating a large string ensemble from individual instruments.

EDIT: At the risk of being labeled a heritic, KP2 had this feature. When you click on the "Instruments" button for the library in the left-hand pane, you could navigate the directory structure, and it remembers where you are, so you can do exactly what I stated in the paragraph above.
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

Lunker, your response is to Marce's request for a "Recently used" filter, and not Yairhol's original suggestion, yes. I'm wondering if Yairhol is clear now on how much simpler it is to change instruments than he realized.

Randy

I miss those those 'next instrument'/'previous instrument' buttons. Many a happy hour was spent scrolling through the sounds and playing around with each one in turn aimlessly. Now I have to spend all that time producing music. What a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Lunker, your response is to Marce's request for a "Recently used" filter, and not Yairhol's original suggestion, yes. I'm wondering if Yairhol is clear now on how much simpler it is to change instruments than he realized.

Randy
    Randy, I'm aware that I don't need to unload an instrument in order to change it. I'm just saying that if I want to load a different instrument from the same family of instruments, when I go into the list and see all the available instruments, I want to be able to locate in a glance which instrument I'm currently using in the slot so that I don't unpurposely reselect it.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Hi, Yairhol - Oh, I see.

Your original post said "...Now I want to change it but I can't rememeber where that instrument was in the list...," and without more explanation, that's sounding like you thought you had to find it again to unload it.

When you want to replace an instrument, and the original one is still loaded--as you open the menu to choose another instrument, the first one still has its name right there in the slot. I'm not understanding why having it prominently displayed right there isn't sufficient?

There's no confusion what kind of instrument it is, so I go to that family of instruments, replacing a flute with another flute, for instance.- Perhaps it's because of my greater familiarity with the GPO instrument list that I'm not getting why to also have that instrument checked in the menu would be helpful. I can see right there what I'm replacing - so, I just grab another instrument.

Randy

Go Back to forum