• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA multi out channels name

Share/Bookmark

ARIA multi out channels name

i'm using aria multi our in sonar 6.
    in sonar channel, i see the ARIA audio out labelled as "main out, out3, out5, out7..."
    i think a useful feature would be to be able to rename the out name (as you can do in kontakt3, for example), to get out labels like: string, brass, keys, percussion...
    this would simplify the project handling, IMHO...
    thanks!

Re: ARIA multi out channels name

Hi, Bosone

Here's a C&P of an Aria audio track in Sonar:

ARIA Player Multi VST_x86 1 Out 1/Out 2: Stereo

And the rest of course go on up to "Out 32/32."

As I load the instruments I want in Aria, I highlight the track name in Sonar, and replace the above with the instrument name.

Do you mean that you'd like the audio tracks in Sonar to somehow be renamed as you load instruments - ? I don't know how that could happen since those tracks are inserted into Sonar before you load instruments into Aria.

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Bosone

Do you mean that you'd like the audio tracks in Sonar to somehow be renamed as you load instruments - ? I don't know how that could happen since those tracks are inserted into Sonar before you load instruments into Aria.
    i understand i was not so clear...
    let's try again!

if you go the the VSTi audio track in sonar6, in the "input" field you can select "aria player multi VSTx86" device (or at last this is the label i get).
    this VSTi instrument has several output channels:
    aria player multi VSTx86 primary out
    aria player multi VSTx86 out 3
    aria player multi VSTx86 out 5
    .... (with left, right, stereo channels)

then, in the aria engine you load several instruments (brass, strings, etc) and can assign their audio out to one of the 16 aria output channels (the ones that appears in sonar).
    these channels appears in the aria engine as 1/2 , 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, etc

what i'd like is the possibility to rename the channels in aria engine (in a custom way), so that, for example, you can have:
    "strings" instead of 1/2
    "brass" instead of 3/4
    "woodwinds" instead of 5/6
    and so on.

at this point, if you load a string section, the assignment of the output channel in the aria engine of each instrument (violin, viola,celli,etc) would be more straightforward.

in the sonar audio track, instead of getting

aria player multi VSTx86 primary out
    aria player multi VSTx86 out 3
    aria player multi VSTx86 out 5

you should get something like:
    aria player multi VSTx86 strings
    aria player multi VSTx86 brass
    aria player multi VSTx86 woodwinds
    etc...

with kontakt2/3 you can do this by renaming each of the audio out in the kontakt2/3 mixer.

this would be a great simplification

Yes Bosone that makes perfect sense - as you say you can do it by pressing the CONF button in Kontakt/KP. Also those names are often too long to be seen on the console in one go as well, I like them to be called things like "A: VLN ss1" (for aria), "V: VLN" (for VSL violin) and so on. In Sonar you can rename the player (ie replace Aria Player Multi VST x86 with A: or something), but not the 'out1/2'.

I did search all the ARIA files and xmls in case there was a way of 'hacking' in to configure this (hardly convenient, but might be worth it if you had a standard workflow and a surprising amount of the ARia player and its sounds are configurable) and my conclusion is that these values are hard-coded into the Aria player so beyond the reach of what you are looking for.

As Randy says, once you have assigned the input in Sonar, you can rename the mixer channels to your satisfaction. You could have a template song with these already all configured to save time in future.

There's a feature wish list for Aria version 2 on another thread somewhere. I guess that your need is an addition to that.

Hi, Bosone - I see! Yes, I didn't understand what you meant earlier.

That's right, in KP2, I had the faders named "1" through "16." lol - original hmmm? And then Sonar includes that in its track names.

It seems like it would be limiting to have the channels in Aria named after instruments, unless you're invariably working with the same instrumentation all the time. I never know what instruments I'm going to be using since projects always just evolve.

L0W said:
    "You could have a template song with these already all configured to save time in future."

Now that I've done and it worked great. For "Dorian" I needed the same orchestra throughout. I called up the same template throughout the process, with all the Kontakt Players loaded and ready, tracks named intelligently, effects in the mixer etc.

Randy

Go Back to forum