• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Word Building Choir - any news?

Share/Bookmark

Word Building Choir - any news?

Hi to the Forum,

Has anyone got some more knowledge about the word building choir of Gary's?

Just wondered if someone can fill me in with some more details. Thanks for any info someone can give me on this.

best,

Steve

Re: Word Building Choir - any news?

Hi, Steve - Loved you in "Roxanne."

The Choir seems to be waaaaay back on a very distant back burner. Haven't heard anything about it in a very long time.

Randy

Hi Randy,

thanks for the reply. I will look forward to this when the software does become available. It will be really handy for composing choral music.

best,

Steve

I raised this question in context of an increasingly price competitive market for similar software. My post, plus two replies, were deleted from the forum. Will this survive? Watch this (blank) space.

Quote Originally Posted by dermod View Post
    I raised this question in context of an increasingly price competitive market for similar software. My post, plus two replies, were deleted from the forum. Will this survive? Watch this (blank) space.
    Hi, Dermod - Perhaps your earlier post inadvertently became ads for other companies? Just a guess. Conversations without direct references to other software companies would be welcomed, I'm sure. I feel it's always best when we remind ourselves that we are all Gary Garritan's guests on this Forum which he pays for us to use.

Randy

Hi Steve

Right now our entire focus has been on ARIA and the Giga acquisition. This has pushed back the release of our planned libraries, Choir included.

Now that ARIA is in the wild, we are turning our focus on library development. The main libraries will be brought to ARIA first then new libraries. The Choir is still in research and development.

Here's a demo of a Choir library we're working on.

http://www.garritan.com/-choirdemo/

No release dates yet as we are still in R&D on this.

~Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by steve martin View Post
    Hi to the Forum,

Has anyone got some more knowledge about the word building choir of Gary's?

Just wondered if someone can fill me in with some more details. Thanks for any info someone can give me on this.

best,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Hi Steve

Right now our entire focus has been on ARIA and the Giga acquisition. This has pushed back the release of our planned libraries, Choir included.

Now that ARIA is in the wild, we are turning our focus on library development. The main libraries will be brought to ARIA first then new libraries. The Choir is still in research and development.

Here's a demo of a Choir library we're working on.

http://www.garritan.com/-choirdemo/

No release dates yet as we are still in R&D on this.

~Gary Garritan
    That's sounding pretty dang good for R&D! I'm extremely excited to hear the polished and finished product. Choral music is much more up my alley than orchestral, so I'll be watching this one very closely.

Instead of letting forth the myriad of questions I have, I'll leave those for a later time when the library is closer to release.

Great work, Gary.

Tyler

That sounded good! I'm looking forward to the finished product.

(If you need a beta tester at some point, I have a pretty large collection of choral arrangements I'd be willing to try it with. No pressure!)
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Wow, that choir demo sounds fantastic! I'm glad to hear it is not a huge orchestral choir.(Well, at least that is what the demo was. Who knows what you have cooking? Lol!)

I've been using another product for about a year and a half and have become pretty proficient at programming it. I think singing Latin is pretty much useless, so it took awhile to get the choir to sing english that could be recognized at least 50% of the time. From what I hear from this demo you have already surpassed the competitor! I am really looking forward to seeing what the programming interface looks like for the Garritan product. When the time is right and you are looking for input from people who have experience with choir word programming I would be glad to offer a few suggestions. I would like nothing more than to see this product be wildly successful!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Oh my goodness Gary!
    It sounds wonderful and I am sure will get even better.
    For my musicals - that would be awesome to have while writing a show.
    Put me FIRST on the waiting list to buy!

I could use it - TODAY or YESTERDAY!

Yeah!

Charles
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Go Back to forum