• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dumbledore's Farewell cue from Harry Potter

Share/Bookmark

Dumbledore's Farewell cue from Harry Potter

Hello.
    This is re-do of a piece of music from the latest Harry Potter movie ('Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'). The original can be heard here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeVyvwThCd8
    And here is my interpretation, all GPO (strings and choir)
    http://www.box.net/shared/zd4ebenve6
    I think it can still be improved a lot, but I was too anxious so came here to share :P Enjoy!
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Re: Dumbledore's Farewell cue from Harry Potter

You've got a good ear! That's a pretty convincing sound you got there. Nice.

Excellent job on this, Brindle!

It can be improved a lot?--Well, you're in control, so if you're not satisfied, keep at it - just try to look out for when you start reaching the point of diminishing returns. We can all be prone to over-edit.

One can only wonder why your post hasn't attracted more comments. It's possible, I think, that the piece is so down, serious and ponderous, that people can't excited enough to write a response. Just a guess, based on my own feelings about the music itself--that it's not an especially great piece of music, but it certainly worked in the sound track, the way music should in movies.

Thanks!

Randy

Would love to hear these pieces on box.net but my trusty ZoneAlarm firewall blocks the site. Not going to go anywhere my firewall doesn't like. Maybe the reason for fewer comments Randy?
    Richard
    Hong Kong
    ---------------
    Sonar 8PE, EWQLSO, GPO4, M-tron, Omnisphere, & VSM.
    Fantom XR and Radias modules.

?? INteresting, Richard - This is bad news though, that your Zone Alarm is blocking Box. I remember reading quite awhile ago why some protection programs block Box--but it is based on incorrect assumptions. A very large percentage of us here use Box, it's all I ever use.

I've used it for years now, I swear by it.---And, like many of Zone Alarm's warnings---I can guarantee you it's over-reacting. It's like my AVG constantly FReeeaking out saying I have a dangerous file that needs to be removed--and it's talking about my cookie here at Northern Sounds!

Really- I'd like to convince you this is a unwarranted blockage ZA is doing.

Randy

Thanks, all!
    I personally would've wanted more legato on this, but I don't know.. the slurs don't seem to be working as much as I'd prefer..
    I think the music itself is wonderful, too [but just a matter of opinion I guess] Especially the original, because it sounds so lamented, so sorrowful.. and that solo cello, specifically around 1:01 in the original version where it's got that fourth interval (melody going from b1 to e2) - that single step in the long tune seems to be my all-time favourite part in music.
    'Music is like this pure thing that exists for its own sake, just to make something perfect..' ~ Ephram Brown

Go Back to forum