• Register
  • Help

Topic: Three lights at bottom right hand corner of the GPO Aria Player screen

Share/Bookmark

Three lights at bottom right hand corner of the GPO Aria Player screen

Please forgive me if this is a case of missing something in the manual, but what are the three lights at the bottom right hand corner of the GPO Aria player screen. I can't seem to find any reference to them. Thanks for any enlightenment - no pun intended.

Re: Three lights at bottom right hand corner of the GPO Aria Player screen

Hi, philnicholl

You must be referring to the three piano pedals. They light up when CC64 has been engaged.

Randy

To flesh out your answer - starting from the right, the pedals and their cc codes are:

64 (Sustain, progressive, controller range 0-127), 66 (Sostenuto), 67 (Una Corda). These are principally intended for the Piano, though of course the 64/Sustain has been used to great effect for 'legato' playing for non percussive intruments in GPO1 thru 4 (in fact I struggle with other libraries that don't do this now).

64 and 66 work with the Aria Steiny, but, while the pedal lights up, I can't hear a difference with 67, so assume this pedal is there ready for when the mains Steinway migrates to Aria and perhaps the original GPO Piano didn't have the set of samples necessary to deliver this.

For version 2 I'd like all these to be implemented as continuous controllers (maybe the pedal light should get brighter) rather than on/off as they are now.

If you don't have three piano pedals/controllers, you can click on them with your mouse to light them up/engage them.

Thanks for the details, L0W - I only use CC64 and so by habit ignored the other 2 pedals in my reply.

The Sostenuto pedal works for you? - I haven't worried about it since I don't work in musical styles that seems to call for it. But, your post is a reminder that I could at least experiment with it. But--I recall trying it out and it wasn't working - ?

The Una Corda pedal - I'm pretty sure you're right about it not working yet. For me, keeping velocity levels below a level appropriate in contrast to the rest, and finishing up some work with audio - that gives me the softer passages I need.

"...
    assume this pedal is there ready for when the mains Steinway migrates to Aria..."

What do you mean? Steinway has already been migrated into Aria.- ?

Randy

Thank you so much. That all makes 100% sense. FWIW, my first impressions of Aria are very favourable: Kontakt player always seemed heavy on graphics without delivering an intuitive interface.

"...assume this pedal is there ready for when the mains Steinway migrates to Aria..."

What do you mean? Steinway has already been migrated into Aria.- ?

LOL yes of course! I guess a more accurate statement would have been "...assume this pedal is there ready for when I fork out for the Steiny and the Steinway migrates to my PC.."

Try clicking the middle pedal while holding down a chord. LEave it engaged and then pay other notes - you will find they do not sustain, but if you replay the notes in your chord they will sustain - give it a try.

'pay' - a wonderful Freudian slip

Sorry - no disrespect intended. Thanks again

Go Back to forum