• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 installation question

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 installation question

Hi there. Can I totally uninstall previous versions of GPO or do I need to maintain their installation for samples?

Re: GPO4 installation question

GPO v4 Aria is completely self-contained. You can uninstall your old KP2 version of GPO. However, you will still need your serial key from the KP2 version for authorization.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonare Coeli View Post
    you will still need your serial key from the KP2 version for authorization.
    you do not need the NI serial number for authorization of ARIA,
    you only need the NI serial number in order to purchase the ARIA GPO4 for $49.00.

ARIA has it's own authorization included in your download. It is a .png (picture)
    that looks like a credit card, once your ARIA software is installed, you simply drag the .png file over the ARIA interface and let go, like swiping a credit card.
    SIMPLE!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    Hi there. Can I totally uninstall previous versions of GPO or do I need to maintain their installation for samples?
    Hello Sunny,

GPO 4 with Aria is a fully complete and independent install. It needs nothing from the KP2 install whatsoever. In fact, GPO4 will not work at all in KP2 and vice versa so you can most certainly completely uninstall your previous KP2 GPO. Alternatively, if you so wished, you can have GPO4 and KP2 working happily together side by side.

Just a word of caution if you do decide to uninstall your KP2 version. If you have other Garritan libraries such as JaBB or COMB then these still need KP2 as they won't work with the new Aria player so you would need to be careful that you don't break any of these and that you uninstall just the GPO.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

If you have room, it's good to keep the previous GPO so you can easily return to previous projects for more work if you want.

And Michael's point is very important, that we'll need KP2 or 3 for some time to come if we use JABB, CMB, The Strad or The Gofriller.

Randy

Go Back to forum