• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: "The Garritan Comunity Fun Choir"

Share/Bookmark

"The Garritan Comunity Fun Choir"

Hi friends, I have an idea: (posted also in the Garritan Forum)

You all: sing and record a short, medium and long a, e, i, o, u, m ... in the range you can and send it to me via email. With this samples I will build the "Garritan Comunity Fun Choir" library.

No joke! Send it to metaphon (at) t-online.de

Lets have fun!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: "The Garritan Comunity Fun Choir"

Heck yes!

I'll try to participate in this.

And I'll try to get good quality recordings... xP
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Sounds fun!

I have a feeling that the choir could be a little "low-end" heavy Try to get your wives, sisters, daughters etc. to pitch in I'm not sure if I'll participate, (I generally only sing in the car, in the dark, when I'm alone...) but it's a fun project

Take Care,

Steph

Gunther,

What a fabulous idea!

This will be a fun project to do! I urge all our users to get involved.

Thanks very much for suggesting this Choir idea. Let me know if I can do anything to help. I cannot wait to hear the results.

My best,

Gary

Gunther,

Could you specify a bit more the specific samples you want?

Do you want loud/soft? Do you want them as separate .wav files, or can we just send them all in one where you can edit them later? What are some good standard durations for medium and long?

Just that kind of stuff.
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Quote Originally Posted by DanielB View Post
    Gunther,

Could you specify a bit more the specific samples you want?

Do you want loud/soft? Do you want them as separate .wav files, or can we just send them all in one where you can edit them later? What are some good standard durations for medium and long?

Just that kind of stuff.
    Sing what you can sing.

Loud and soft would be great, but only loud also. One wav file with all is good, I edit later.

I would say " sing the notes as long as you can".

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Gunther,

What a fabulous idea!

This will be a fun project to do! I urge all our users to get involved.

Thanks very much for suggesting this Choir idea. Let me know if I can do anything to help. I cannot wait to hear the results.

My best,

Gary
    Hi Gary,

thanks. Yes I think it is a cool idea an we will have a lot of fun also.

To all the others:

Sing what you can sing in the range you can sing. Short, medium and long would be cool, sure, but it is not a "must".

A, E, I, O, U, Mh, all in your language. If you can, send WAV files in 44,1kHz-24bit. You can send one with all your recordings ore more.... .
    And please don`t use no plugin! Only raw recordings!

Please tell this to your friends here and let us do an incredible library!

Gunther

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist View Post

Sing what you can sing in the range you can sing. Short, medium and long would be cool, sure, but it is not a "must".

A, E, I, O, U, Mh, all in your language. If you can, send WAV files in 44,1kHz-24bit. You can send one with all your recordings ore more.... .
    And please don`t use no plugin! Only raw recordings!

Please tell this to your friends here and let us do an incredible library!

Gunther
    This sounds like a great idea, Gunther! I would like to help out the upper register a bit. You are very descriptive above, but maybe just to get a clearer idea, you could post an MP3 of exactly how you would like the recordings? Just an idea to help clear the air.

People get (okay, so I get) a little nervous when it comes to singing, and some reassurance as to how to present the recordings might help a little

Julie.

Quote Originally Posted by AQ Ink View Post
    This sounds like a great idea, Gunther! I would like to help out the upper register a bit. You are very descriptive above, but maybe just to get a clearer idea, you could post an MP3 of exactly how you would like the recordings? Just an idea to help clear the air.

People get (okay, so I get) a little nervous when it comes to singing, and some reassurance as to how to present the recordings might help a little

Julie.
    Hm, I thought because many people are getting a little nervous when it comes to singing, let them sing as they can/like. Because I hope to get many recordings I can use this and that for this and that.

All people should have fun and joy during the recordings.

Gunther this is a fabulous idea!
    I will record some of my students as they will think being part of this will be "way cool"
    When would you like the recordings by? and what email address do I send it to?
    In Christ,
    Fishin' Musician
    www.LoveTheArts.com

Go Back to forum