• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Snow Leopard & RMX/Omni??

Share/Bookmark

Snow Leopard & RMX/Omni??

Hi..As the date approaches..Rumor has it around 8/29...Will RMX and Omni work in Snow Leopard..?? JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

Re: Snow Leopard & RMX/Omni??

Yeah, would like to know too since these two are almost always at the center of what I do. It would almost be annoying for me though since I just finished reinstalling everything on my new MacPro and will probably do a fresh install again and another round of authorizations for everything before I can get up and running.
    But still better since at least less chance for unexplained bugs and gremlins.

Hi>>I'm just curious..It would be a fools foley to jump right into snow when it is released..I know there will be many that do..But.....Well you know..JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

"Snow Leopard’s support for 64-bit processors makes use of large amounts of RAM, increases performance, and improves security while remaining compatible with 32-bit applications." Therefore your current Spectrasonics software should be fine..................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

HI..I don't see were the bit depth has anything to do with it being fine..It's a new OS..JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma View Post
    HI..I don't see were the bit depth has anything to do with it being fine..It's a new OS..JON
    apple has been positioning snow leopard as being more of a maintenance update as opposed to a 'new os'. so in theory the transition should be easier than most os x upgrades, but i'm still going to wait it out and see how others get along.

It's not really an entirely new OS ...IMHO ....more like an big update to the existing one, but others may disagree. In any case, while many current 32 bit applications should still work fine, others may not. For instance, both Steinberg and Sibelius are recommending that one NOT upgrade to Snow Leopard right now, and it's not "supported" by Steinberg either. So for anyone who wants to 'beta' test it with your software, please proceed, but I am staying with Leopard until I'm reasonably sure ALL my software will work with Snow Leopard. I'm not focusing on just one manufacturer like Spectrasonics either. There isn't even a 64 bit version of Cubase for the Mac yet either, so that's another reason to wait..............playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Has anyone heard any news about the Intel's 6 Core processor? It's rumored to be released Q4 2009.

Also, how long after the 6 Core release will Apple introduce it to their Mac Pro product line?

Now that's The Upgrade!

Wouldn't those questions be more suitable for a Mac or hardware forum??

Using SL 10-A432 with Logic 9 all seems fine.
    I updated from Leopard on my backup disk.
    Logic 9 just needed to rescan all the plugins which took a while 168...
    But all is working.
    Including Omni, Waves, Ivory, on and on.
    Painless update.

Just need Logic 9.01 to run 64 bit and use all my ram and we're all set.

Go Back to forum