• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 with Finale 2008

Share/Bookmark

GPO4 with Finale 2008

No takers over on the support forum, so I'll give it a shot here:

Is it possible to use Aira with older versions of Finale - versions that don't include comprehensive vst playback? The KP2 versions of GPO worked fine with KP within Finale, but I haven't figured out how to make it play nice with Aria.

Thanks,

Re: GPO4 with Finale 2008

Finale 2008 only supports Kontakt player VST engines. The only way to make Aria work would be to run Aria in standalone mode and use a virtual midi interface (e.g. MIDIyoke) to connect Finale and Aria.

To use Aria inside of Finale you'd have to upgrade to 2009 or 2010. I'm running 2009 and it works very well but I'm considering upgrading because 2010 supports effects VST's as well.

Hope this helps.

Steve Winkler

Thanks, Steve. That was indeed the information I needed. I'll give MIDIyoke a look.

No problem Rob. There may be other and better midi interfaces. That's one I've used in the past. It's worked for me and it's free!!

Steve

The update to Finale 2010 isn't unreasonably expensive, and to be quite honest, I LOVE Finale 2010. It's stable. I don't think I've had a single crash yet while working with it since installation. (I had constant crashes with Fin'09, and did have the occasional crash with Fin'08).

Thanks, Michel. When I have a spare $150, that's on my list for updates. I still need to update Sonar to 8, as well. I think Finale will come first, though, since vst support is a real huge advance. Last year I was writing a piece using hammered dulcimer, and couldn't use a hannered dulcimer in my Finale playback because there isn't one in the GM set.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    The update to Finale 2010 isn't unreasonably expensive, and to be quite honest, I LOVE Finale 2010. It's stable. I don't think I've had a single crash yet while working with it since installation. (I had constant crashes with Fin'09, and did have the occasional crash with Fin'08).
    Another plus for Finale 2010. well worth it.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I am also looking forward to the upgrade to Finale 2110 when i can afford it. I did get the 2009c update and so far, I have not had a crash. Prior to 2009c, I did find that if I used GPO for finale I did not have crashes, but if I used full GPO on a file created in Finale 07 and 08 it would crash during playback if I started playback in any measure other than the first one. I downloaded the 2110 demo and I have not worked with it enough to realize the improvements.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Go Back to forum