• Register
  • Help

Topic: Next Level of Realism: Velocity Control???

Next Level of Realism: Velocity Control???

I have Chris Hein Horns and they sound great! Probably the best of it's class, IMHO.

The areas I would like to see developed (in Kontakt scripting) is more velocity control in real-time. For example, I would like to be able to use cc information to play soft hits very fast, without triggering the loud hits, for a really dynamic performance.

As far as I know I have to change the velocity level before or after I track the parts so there is a lot of tweaking. It would be sweet if I could use the volume pedal to control velocity as I'm playing.

Any thoughts?

Re: Next Level of Realism: Velocity Control???

What controller are you working on at the moment? There shouldn't be any reason, with a good MIDI keyboard, why playing quickly means you have to trigger the loud samples.

On the other hand, if you're getting nowhere with a keyboard, then many instruments are now set up for breath and wind controllers, in which case they work exactly as you are asking for (if I've understood correctly); i.e. the keys only convey pitch information, and dynamics are determined by a continuous controller, such as cc2 or 11. Even without having a wind or breath controller it should be possible to use the instrument's breath controller mode, and use your MOD wheel, or a pedal, to send the cc that would normally be sent by the breath controller.

Re: Next Level of Realism: Velocity Control???

That's cool. Okay, let me try setting up my volume controller that way.

BTW, I've been using the axiom 61 keyboard controller.

Thanks Pingu

Go Back to forum