• Register
  • Help

Topic: stradivari missing

Share/Bookmark

stradivari missing

hi everyone
    well it's been a while that i try to buy this product but nothing..
    on garritan site it is simply missing The Solo Stradivari has been discontinued but a new string library will be available soon. Stay tuned..
    this is the post that you can see...
    well i'm really disappointed because it's a really great product ..

can you give me a tip to buy this one?

that could help

Re: stradivari missing

Hi, Daywalker

The Strad really was a remarkable instrument, but it was discontinued at least two years ago. You're not going to find it, I'm afraid. If a music store has a dusty copy of the box up on a neglected shelf, I don't know how it could be registered at this point.

Development of a new string library, or a new version of Garritan Orchestral Strings (GOS), and/or development with Giga technology which Garritan recently acquired the rights to - it's all to be seen exactly in what form new string libraries will emerge from it all. But stay tuned.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker View Post
    hi everyone
    well it's been a while that i try to buy this product but nothing..
    on garritan site it is simply missing
    We may have left the Stradivari in a taxi a couple years ago. What is it about rare stringed instruments disappearing in taxis? It seems to happen all the time....

Seriously, thanks for asking. We are working on a new string library that will include a Solo Stradivari. No release dates yet (it's a long story and doesn't involve taxis) but the new library is going well.

Best regards,

Gary

thanks for the reply
    in fact after some researches i found a site : http://www.univers-sons.com/sons/gar...tradivari.html

the problem is that i bought this product yesterday on a site for 25$ :

[EDIT: pirate site link omitted]

and the product is not what i expected it's the verse 1.26 and no .exe i tried to reply and asking to refund my account but i'm still asking...

'hope the first one will give me the real verse of your great soft..

can you do something for this case ?

YIKES! Thanks for the alert, daywalker - That site has The Gofriller Cello, JABB and GPO all for between $20 and $25.

GARY - This is obviously bogus. Can something be done?

Day--they picture The Strad version 2.0. Your complaint to them is legit just on the fact that you didn't actually get version 2.0.

But ---there can't be any way to successfully activate and register this!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by daywalker View Post
    thanks for the reply
    in fact after some researches i found a site : http://www.univers-sons.com/sons/gar...tradivari.html

the problem is that i bought this product yesterday on a site for 25$ :

[EDIT: pirate site link omitted]

and the product is not what i expected it's the verse 1.26 and no .exe i tried to reply and asking to refund my account but i'm still asking...

'hope the first one will give me the real verse of your great soft..

can you do something for this case ?
    Hello daywalker and welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry that your first excursions into the world of the fabulous Garritan libraries has been an unfortunate experience. It does rather look like you have lost your outlay.

Sites like this should always arouse suspicions. I did a little research and found the following:

The site was registered on 07/01/06 and is located in Belarus, Eastern Europe. This site is blacklisted on anti-spamming lists. I believe its security certificate is either non existent or questionable. You should really avoid downloading from this site or from entering any personal information.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but I have to say that any source offering what was a $200 library for $25 new should sound the alarm bells.

Caveat emptor ..... Let the buyer beware.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum