• Register
  • Help

Topic: Compare Heavyocity Evolve & NI Mutations?

Cologne, Germany

Question Compare Heavyocity Evolve & NI Mutations?

To what extent are these similar products? There are apparently 275 new Instruments in Mutations, but how much overlap is there otherwise? Is it worth getting Mutations when I already have Evolve?

A word from the wise would be appreciated ;-)

Re: Compare Heavyocity Evolve & NI Mutations?

I'm interestd in this too. Seems like Mutation is around 2 gigs while Evolve is around 6 gigs. I demoed Evolve online at Trysounds and was pretty impressed. Anybody else have either of these?

"Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Heavyocity have said it is an entirely different product with no duplication of content.
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

I do have evolve. haven't got much time to play around but this library is really good, that is a library that has been designed specifically for film/game scoring - and it does what it should do, nicely.

I am the biggest fan ever of Evolve: it's an amazing sound design & composition tool. Mutations is decent, but feels a bit more specific than Evolve. Like, I don't know that I'd have the same use for Mutations that I do for Evolve: it's more glitchy-sounding, vs. being cinematic-sounding. But Heavyocity's audio demos are good indicators of what's in the box, so I'd give it a listen and see what you think. If you like the demos, you'll like the product.

Go Back to forum