• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Creating your own GS samples part II

Share/Bookmark

Creating your own GS samples part II

Okay, so I just got Wavelab a couple of days ago so I can make my own samples. I\'ve poked around on it a few times to get somewhat familiar with the interface, and tonight I just finished recording my first drum loop .wav file to experiment with.

(*Thunderous applause from one member of the audience*)

Thanks, Mom. But don\'t be too proud of me just yet, cause I\'m hung up on one minor detail...

\"HOW THE HELL DO I GET THIS THING TO WORK??!!

Here\'s what I\'ve got:
    A .wav file stored in the temp folder on my C: drive. (My gig files are on the D: drive).

My objective:
    to trigger the 8 bar drum phrase via Gigastudio (using my keyboard). I spent about 45 minutes looking through the Wavelab and Gigastudio manuals and online help, but I didn\'t find anything that specifically addressed this basic concept.

Any suggestions on what to do or where to get this info? As always, Thanks for the input... you guys have been a big help in getting my newbie butt running on this thing.

Re: Creating your own GS samples part II

It seems to me you need to create a .gig format file that contains the wave file want to play and then map it to a key. Open the Giga editor, import the wave file, then use Giga\'s wizard to lay it out to play from the key(s) you want. I think there are some tutorials online somewhere - who has the links handy? - Doug

You may want to set up loop point markers at the beginning and end of the Drum Loop, just so you dont have to actually input them when creting the gig file (when you import the sample/wav to giga, loop information as well as other info is imported and distributed to the correct area giga instrument)

what Doug stated above is what you need to do,a nd yes..somone has to have a link to the GigaEdit tutorial somewhere...you might want to do a search in the archives/database of this forum for a link to it. there might be one at the neesys site as well..there used to be a couple \"tutorial\" type things.

The basic is. Open Giga Edit, import the sample, create a region, and assign the samplet ot hat region....viola...an instrument..

now you should name it and assign envelope control and balah bah.. but thats all later.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Thanks for the replies, fellers. I\'ll experiment with it in the next couple of days (when time allows).

How do I assign a sample to a region?? Ugg !! Im soo frustrated on getting hung up on what should be so simple! Any help would be welcome.

Select a region (one has to exist), drag a sample to the Green (or Green and light green) area to the right of the sample/folder directory, and viola done.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

To make a region, right click under the keyboard representation.

Don\'t forget that Giga doesn\'t like you trying to assign stereo wavs to mono regions or vice versa.

Yikes, can somebody write a tutorial or provide a link to one?! I\'m glad this thread is here: but its a pity we have to ask basic questions like this here, I strongly wish there were a printed manual, the likes of the Emulator 4 manual by Emu.

Thanks guys for the help, I\'m not knocking that, its just this should be in a printed manual in my opinion. I\'m about to convert a bunch of wav files. I did this a little bit about a year ago, but now I\'ve forgotten the best way to do it. back to the help file in the editor, whcihc is well done but I WISH there was a printed manual and more tutorials floating around. I did an interenet search and found VERY LITTLE.

If anyone has links to ANY Giga tutorials, PLEASE put them up here on the forum.

[This message has been edited by Robert Kral (edited 10-02-2001).]

PatS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Kral:
    Yikes, can somebody write a tutorial or provide a link to one?! I\'m glad this thread is here: but its a pity we have to ask basic questions like this here, I strongly wish there were a printed manual, the likes of the Emulator 4 manual by Emu.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do the printed help files look? I haven\'t bothered printing the GS Editor\'s help files, since I rarely launch the program. But if I did use the program regularly, I\'d much rather read a hard copy of the help files than try to read them online.

Good luck finding those additional tutorials. I\'m surprised no one has written a \"GigaStudio Power Users\" book (akin, say, to \"SONAR Power!\").

Pat

Use the Editor WiZard for multiple wave files. Its quicker

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum