• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard"

Share/Bookmark

Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard"

I'm happy to say that all of my music software (including Sibelius, they just posted an update today,) seems to work fine with the new version of Mac OS. GPO 4 and Steinway included.

Keith Walls

Re: Mac OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard"

Good news, Sibelius 4.1.5 and all of my libraries (I'm still using Kontakt 2) are working on Snow Leopard!
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

I'm scared. I'm very scared!!! My current system is relatively stable. I say "relatively stable" because I recently upgraded to Logic Pro 9. I came across a version of the "hanging notes bug" when using the GPO4/Aria instrumental plug-in. Basically, if I stop during a middle of an already sequenced portion of a composition then go back to sequence a new part, lots and lots of notes sound all at once. This is new. It's also very frustrating. However, there's a work-around which, thankfully, prevents from this bug from taking place. I suspect that this "bug" is Logic Pro 9 related, by the way, as other users have reported this bug as well (using other instrumental libraries).

So far, I've read that the Kontakt program (both 2 and 3 versions) work with Snow Leopard. However, I read somewhere on the internet that the software writers of Aria (Progue??? is it spelled correctly??) do not recommend upgrading to Snow Leopard at this time.

I also own Music Lab's RealGuitar, RealStrat and MidiOverLan CP. Music Lab has not given any indication one way or another if ther software programs will work with Snow Leopard. (They rarely respond to their forum which is VERY frustrating!)

Also own a UAD-1. I'm reading that the UAD-2 is working with the new OS. Anyone with the UAD-1 having success the Snow Leopard?

So. . . As much as I would love to upgrade to the Mac OS 10.6, I'm going to practice impulse control and wait until I read positive word from the makers of all of my plug-ins that the upgrade will be stable.

Anyone else???

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    So. . . As much as I would love to upgrade to the Mac OS 10.6, I'm going to practice impulse control and wait until I read positive word from the makers of all of my plug-ins that the upgrade will be stable.
    That's a very good policy Ted. SL makes a LOT of changes under the hood. If you require a stable environment, I would definitely recommend waiting. My Mac is way too old to run SL, but I would personally wait until the dust settles.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW View Post
    I'm happy to say that all of my music software (including Sibelius, they just posted an update today,) seems to work fine with the new version of Mac OS. GPO 4 and Steinway included.

Keith Walls
    UPDATE

According to the Garritan folks, there will be a GPO4 (and/or Aria) update specifically for 10.6. Maybe you should hold off if you're working on a critical project until their update is posted.

Keith

Go Back to forum