• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Forum email forwarding problem-?

Share/Bookmark

Forum email forwarding problem-?

I'm not getting auto-emails anymore for new Forum posts on threads I've subscribed to. It was starting to get spotty, now it's stopped all together. The settings are correct on my account info page - I still have it checked for email to be sent.

Firefox is constantly upgrading, and every time, SOMething gets squirrely, usually Windows Media Player. It's possible this is yet another Firefox issue (inability to see MSN news pages another - insisting on downloading all music before playing another - etc).

To not have auto alerts is pretty much a disaster. It's impossible to run around finding each thread I'm keeping track of - SO, gotta fix this.

Question - any of you having the same problem?

Randy

Re: Forum email forwarding problem-?

Gotta bump my own question - This is a serious problem, either related to Firefox or Northernsounds--Are you guys getting your email alerts about new posts on the threads you've looked at--? I come here and see new things posted but I'm getting no auto-email alerts, despite having the option still checked that I want to get them.

Randy

I just now noticed it too, Randy.

YANA (You Are Not Alone)

Gary A.
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

I have the email notification off.

Instead I have a shortcut to my 'User Control Panel'.

That's the first page I open and can see right away all my subscribed threads that have new posts.

Then I go to 'Today's Active Topics' to see everything else that's new...

~Yudit~

Thanks for the confirmation of the problem, Gary A. I haven't had auto emails since some time on Friday.

Thanks for the User Control Panel tip, Yudit. I've never used it before. I'll have to rely on that until Northern Sounds fixes this problem - I just much prefer knowing on a constant basis when there's thread activity. Does the Control Panel show when older, dormant threads have been revived?

HUmmmm, I'd like to get some info on what's happening - I'll look around for who to contact at NS.

Randy

Hi Randy

I missed a few notifications at the end of the thread about web software and keywords etc. so I think it's down for me also.
    I checked, and that thread was set to instant notification so I dunno.
    Fire Fox here also but I can't imagine the browser could be the problem.

I set this one as instant notification also to test.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    ...Does the Control Panel show when older, dormant threads have been revived? ...Randy
    Yes it does.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

--And this thread is the perfect example. There have been new replies, but I wasn't notified by email. -

Thanks for the confirmation, Steve. Something I don't understand from your reply - When you have instant email notification set as your preference in the user control panel, it's a global setting. You don't need to set it for each thread you visit - it's all automatic.

As I write, I can see below this text box the "Notification Type" menu--and it's sitting there on "instant email notification." -

Gunther, thanks for letting me know older threads also come up in the control panel.

---It would take a Major readjustment for me to keep running to my panel to see new messages--very primitive in comparison to getting constant email updates.

Well, hopefully NS will fix the problem soon!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    I just much prefer knowing on a constant basis when there's thread activity. Does the Control Panel show when older, dormant threads have been revived?
    Randy
    You can rely on the Control Panel completely!
    I never missed any thread so far, new, old or dormant...

Instead of opening several emails you get it straight
    and constant as can be on just one page...

Thank you, Yudit - I'm sure I could get used to it if I had to. I keep my email open all day as I work, so you can see how I like the convenience of Forum related matters popping up along with the other messages. Until NS fixes the problem, I'll try to keep another tab open to the control panel and then remember to refresh it once in awhile to keep track. Thanks!

Randy

Go Back to forum