• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Divinity by Robert Davis

Share/Bookmark

Divinity by Robert Davis

I must be weird. I'm going through old MP3 files of my favorite music, and I realize no one has talked about this beauty in literally years. The link in this thread doesn't even work anymore.

However, my strong feelings are that new Garritan users have to hear this - to know what Garritan can sound like, and how it can move you.

New, and working link: http://www.classicalmidiresource.com/site/Divinity1.mp3

Jeez, I would SOOO MUCH love to have the MIDI file for this to arrange it. It could be my first project in GPO4, and the first in YEARS.

Stevemitchell

Re: Divinity by Robert Davis

I totally agree!

It is a beautiful composition, very unique.
    I didn't download it at the time and was disappointed to see the link vanished on return...

I searched for Davis's profile, but there is none...

So now, thanks to you, Steve, I did download it... wouldn't want to miss this little treasure!

And thanks again to Robert for this gem!

~Yudit~

Question Re: Divinity by Robert Davis

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMitchell View Post
    I must be weird. I'm going through old MP3 files of my favorite music, and I realize no one has talked about this beauty in literally years. The link in this thread doesn't even work anymore.
    This is not what i remember: I remember people talking about , and again, and again, and even the composer changing name, revealing some secrets...

Thumbs up Re: Divinity by Robert Davis

Robert Davis is a most special person in this community. A rare blend of talented styles ranging from the time of great classical composers to the very modern of today. In all my listening, "Divinity" has always and will always be the model of the essence of original piano composition. "Divinity" literally sounds as if it were written by an unknown composer living during the time of the classics yet only discovered today!
    I know Robert and have come to regard him as a dear and wonderful person, most intelligent composer, and heartfelt friend. "Divinity" has a special place burned in the archives of music in my library of "Garritan Composers"!
    So happy you decided to post "Divinity" for all the new composers on this wonderful forum!

Jeez, I would SOOO MUCH love to have the MIDI file for this to arrange it. It could be my first project in GPO4, and the first in YEARS.
    I don't know ... listen to "Divinity" closely. Better left as is .... Awesomely and hauntingly beautiful!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    This is not what i remember: I remember people talking about , and again, and again, and even the composer changing name, revealing some secrets...
    OK, ok. You got me. Divinity, and the secrets of same were last thoroughly discussed in 2007. I know the traditional usage of the word "years" implies more that 3, but hey, it's a beautiful work, never to go towards oblivion.

Stevemitchell

Divinity is great, but there were a few other pieces by Robert Davis, though posted under a different name, that I liked even more. Truly a gifted musician and fabulous composer.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd View Post
    Divinity is great, but there were a few other pieces by Robert Davis, though posted under a different name, that I liked even more. Truly a gifted musician and fabulous composer.
    You are right but for some reason Divinity stands the test of time.
    Styxx

I don't get it.
    What I downloaded was just a piano piece, yet people are talking about how this shows what GPO is capable of and talking about discussing the secrets reveiled by this piece.

Did I get the wrong download link?

P.T. - I can understand your confusion.

If you listen to the piece "musically", and let yourself go - just you and the music, you will sense the majesty, and sincerity of the work itself.

After that, and after doing some more critical listening, you'll realize how GPO is presenting the music to you - totally computer generated, showing the wonderful progress piano samples have made in the progressing years.

Make sense?

Stevemitchell

P.S. - Want more info and history, just Search "Divinity" in the forums. There's a wealth of info.

Greetings people. I am truly overwhelmed that this piece continues to come up even after so long. I honestly thank you all.

I have had a very rough few years and have dis-appeared from music quite often for many many months on end. Life throws us curve balls that really change our outlook.

Anyway I did happen to render this with Gary's Steinway last year. I never did anything with it after but here is the link if anyone is interested.

http://home.rr.com/delly

Sincerely

Robert Davis

PS.. Hey styxx!
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum