• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rivertown is completed and I visited rehearsals today!

Share/Bookmark

Rivertown is completed and I visited rehearsals today!

Today after school, I ran to Madison and delivered the finals scores for the instrumentalists, pianist and conductor. While there I shot some photos of the kids in rehearsal and you can see them here: http://www.rivertownthemusical.com/.

When my wife and I walked into the high school back stage hall, I immediately heard three of my songs being played and/or sung. A very nice and strange feeling all at once. The show became much more real to me. On stage, a student - Sadie - was belting out her solo "Lost in Madison". She sounded great - only a few missed spots that she will fix. I saw her last year as Millie in "Thoroughly Modern Mille" and she was wonderful. She has two major solos and other parts too - she will be awesome. Some kids were working on dancing in one room and in another - the conductor and pianist were rehearsing vocals. I felt that for 6 weeks out, things were going well and the conductor agreed.

My scores were a hit with the pianist and conductor - very gratifying because I spent an enormous amount of time creating them. I am still a little nervous, but I feel the show will go well and the kids will do their best.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Rivertown is completed and I visited rehearsals today!

AAaah, it's so wonderful, Charles. I've had a great time looking through the really nice looking "Rivertown" website, seeing the rehearsal pictures and other photo albums.

What an exciting time. You described so well that strange experience it is to hear people singing your score - the sudden transition that forces on us from theoretical to reality--this show is really happening!

Keep it coming. It's a great experience to be living through this never-to-be-repeated time with you and your wonderful show.

Randy

How fantastic to see your work coming to fruition, and for us to see it evolve from the sidelines - very exciting.

I am sure you will be feeling a lot of butterflies leading up to the first performance!

Thanks for sharing your story!

Charles...
    Congratulations!
    This is as close as you can get to giving birth!!

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Charles, how cool to walk in and hear your music!
    I can only imagine how that must have felt.

Congratulations on all your hard work and long hours.
    Knock em outta their seats!
    Dan

Go Back to forum