• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems hearing Garritan Instruments for Finale

Problems hearing Garritan Instruments for Finale

First post, etc. etc.

I just got my lappy back from the repair center (for the second time, but that is another story). I have installed Finale 2009 and the Garritan instruments for it. Whenever I open the "Garritan Instruments for Finale" program and select some samples and try to play them on the on-screen keyboard, it doesn't work. At least, it doesn't give me the desired pitch. I instead get what sounds like several octaves below A0.

I was thinking this problem was computer-specific, as my laptop has awful audio. But at college, I tried the same program on the school computers which are considerably worse, and the same thing was happening.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Problems hearing Garritan Instruments for Finale

Hello MontySmith88 and welcome to our forums.

I use Finale 2010 and did previously use 09.

As yet I'm not quite sure what is happening there but could we try a little experiment?

With Finale open would you try going to:

File - New - Document with Setup Wizard.

The 'Ensemble and Document Style' window opens. Select 'Next' on this to move to the next screen, the 'Add or Delete Instruments' screen. In the 'Instrument Set' bar near the top, select your Garritan Instruments for Finale. Select a few instruments and use the 'Add' button to create a small score then click on 'Next'. Click 'Next' again to skip the 'Score Information' window and select 'Finish' to accept the given score settings.

Your trial score should now open with the instruments you selected all correctly assigned, setup and ready to go.

Now enter a few notes then play the file. Everything should sound fine. If this is the case then this would suggest an incorrect setting in your original setup. If the problem persist in the trial score then we need to delve in a bit deeper. Please post back and let us know if the trial score works OK.

PS This post might be moved to the GPO forum but no problem .. a minor thing. Hope we get a result with the trial.
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum