• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Morphestra: The Cinematic Virtual Instrument!

Share/Bookmark

Morphestra: The Cinematic Virtual Instrument!

Hi Northern Sounders,
    Sample Logic is proud to announce that "The Cinematic Virtual Instrument" Morphestra, is now available for pre-ordering.

We have updated our website with new product demo tracks and in-depth videos.
    For more information and to place your order visit:
    www.samplelogic.com/morphestra.html

Order before October 1st and receive a $25 gift certificate for future products.

Sample Logic's award-winning team presents a powerful collection of creatively new and inventive organic instruments. Morphestra is derived entirely from orchestral recordings and psycho-acoustic sound design. In association with Kirk Hunter Studios and powered by Native Instruments Kontakt Player 3, Morphestra is an epic collection of over 27 GB and 1200+ instruments and multis delivered pre-installed on a pocket-sized Glyph hard drive.

Select multis in Morphestra have been created by renowned Film, TV, and Game composers:
    Mark Isham
    Tom Salta
    Rupert Gregson-Williams
    David Lawrence
    Bill Brown

"Sample Logic's new libraries are full of unique and interesting colors for my palette. We spend a lot of time creating new custom sounds for our films as the usual libraries are lacking but Synergy, Elements and Air are all well programmed and very useful. Well done."
    - James Newton Howard
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Re: Morphestra: The Cinematic Virtual Instrument!

Very expensive and far too late IMHO compared to the competition.
    Good luck but no sale here.

Hippo

Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    Very expensive and far too late IMHO compared to the competition.
    Good luck but no sale here.

Hippo
    Very expensive compared to what? At $699 it's half the price of Symphobia which I'm guessing would be a competitor. Evolve is $400 and may be a simlar type of library judging from the demos. I'm interested in how much of Kirk's stuff will be included. If they create some "Symphobia" type orchestral patches I'm guessing this would sell failrly well.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

More comments from Joe on Morphestra......
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=68512

Hi Nigel,
    yes, we are releasing Morphestra October 1st, you will see a lot more on it in the next month leading up to release date. This will not be an official Kirk Hunter release, but will be released through us, since we created the product. I would not call it the next Symhpobia. If i had to unofficially use products, I would say it is more like an Atmosphere meets Stylus RMX meets Storm Drum meets Omnisphere meets Evolve. We have done some really cool and innovative programming using the new kontakt player. Stay tuned, in the next few days and you will see a lot more content up.
    Can't wait to show you guys
    best,
    Last edited by Mindstorm; 09-01-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Correcting the link to a NS related thread

Thanks guys,
    Yes we literally put a years worth of blood and hard work in this project and it really shows. Evan if there was no amazing hard drive in the deal, we would still have sold this at $699. The library is very very useful and has over 28 GB and 1200 + instruments and multis. We have programmed instruments in Morphestra that I have never thought were posable because of limitations in sampling technology and from the overwhelming rave reviews we have received from the composers that have a copy (Mark Isham, Rupert Gregson-Williams, Tom Salta, Bill Brown Etc..) there is no doubt how innovative, and useful this product is. These composers also made multis that are included in Morphestra.
    Just to get a sense of what I mean, having already composed 2 demo tracks myself, which you can find already on the website, it took me literally an hour to put each track together.
    If you are into doing anything Film, TV, and Game music related this truly is a must have.
    Joe Trupiano
    Sample Logic LLC
    www.samplelogic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Trupiano View Post
    Thanks guys,
    Yes we literally put a years worth of blood and hard work in this project and it really shows. Evan if there was no amazing hard drive in the deal, we would still have sold this at $699. The library is very very useful and has over 28 GB and 1200 + instruments and multis. We have programmed instruments in Morphestra that I have never thought were posable because of limitations in sampling technology and from the overwhelming rave reviews we have received from the composers that have a copy (Mark Isham, Rupert Gregson-Williams, Tom Salta, Bill Brown Etc..) there is no doubt how innovative, and useful this product is. These composers also made multis that are included in Morphestra.
    Just to get a sense of what I mean, having already composed 2 demo tracks myself, which you can find already on the website, it took me literally an hour to put each track together.
    If you are into doing anything Film, TV, and Game music related this truly is a must have.
    The Demo's sound great! Plus I have a soft spot in my heart for Gregson-Williams, I love the Spy Game score...I think it is the same guy.

My one question that your website doesn't answer is does it have a good Grand Piano?

Thanks for all the hard work, if she's more stable than EWQL's "Play" engine, I'm in.

big~C

+1 for the price.

I'm sure all the effort and work you put into this library is worth the asking price, but with the economy as it is, with Komplete 6, and other VST/AU upgrades just around the corner, the timing for this product price-wise may be poor.

You may want to also consider a slightly cheaper download/dvd only option down the road...I'm sure there is not enough time to get everything together to launch this alongside your "glyph" option, but it would probably be worth your while and pocketbook to do so.

big~C

Sounds good.

Not interested in any drive though, Glyph or not.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Sounds good.

Not interested in any drive though, Glyph or not.

D
    Same here

I would also say that I'm interested but the price point would make me hold back. That's not to say it's too expensive, simply that I, like many others a) have already invested in a whole bunch of stuff which may overlap with Morphestra, and b) it's simply a time where most of us, pros included, consider our purchases a lot more cautiously.

I was also a little disappointed that the pre-order deal didn't give any price reduction, and many other developers offer discounts to customers who already have one or more of their products, which hasn't been the case with Samplelogic. There's been some research lately on human buying behaviour, and the fact is, everybody is more likely to grab something when it's offered at a discount!

I think a way to go could be to offer some other options if possible, as suggested by some other posters: maybe a cheaper set with a download delivery; or maybe even some reduced sets without the full content (with an upgrade option). I don't know how much hassle that is for a developer though.

On a purely practical note, for a long time I have avoided ordering anything from the USA which has to physically be shipped to Europe, because I always have to pay extra import duties as well as expensive shipping.

Any ideas on this , Joe ;-)??

regards

Nigel

Go Back to forum