• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Panflute?

Hello musicfriends!

Do You know a professional panflut library? Or good samples of this faszinating instrument? Kontakt or Giga.
    (Found nothing with "search")

Thank You!

Re: Panflute?

I'm surprised a high end panflute library hasn't really been made yet. I've mainly only been able to find a few low end libraries with only a couple of articulations like staccato and vibrato.

There was one I found that seemed like it could be good - The Essence of Panflute. That one has more articulations than most (Long Notes, Crescendo, Vibrato, Wild Vibrato, Frullato, Portamento, Staccato), however, I heard that it isn't multi-velocity

There was once a free one made by ThomasJ. I know you wanted a pro one, but this had a fair few articulations, and the results Thomas got with it were great (although I think he only put part of it online, because this was the day of dial-up internet). If you can find it, it's in Giga format, but imports well into Kontakt.

+1 on the ThomasJ Panflute. It's a small instrument, but so nicely recorded that you don't need anything like velocity xfades. And it has a great chiff on it that gives it a lot of realism.

Where can I buy or download the ThomasJ Panflute?

Essence of panflute I found this:

(link deleted by gigalien)

Only 20,- for a 2,4 GB download.

Perhaps there will be a future Zamphir authorised Garritan professional Panflute!

Hmmm... I wouldn't trust that norsemaille site. They are also selling tons of high end software for $30-$40. They can't be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigalien View Post
    Where can I buy or download the ThomasJ Panflute?
    Well I found the original thread here on the forum, and the link to the file is long gone.

I don't think I kept the original Giga file, but I have the Kontakt file I got by importing it. I can't imagine Thomas_J would have an issue with me sending it to you, given that it was free to everyone. PM me if you want.

No, that site definitely sells pirated (stolen) software.

It's best to give those kind of sites a very wide berth.

Thanks, I will never buy from such tweelight sites.
    I found other "Essence of panflute" from bestservice GB
    ca 33 EUR.
    Perhaps I can buy it here in Germany.

If you do end up getting Essence of Panflute, please let us know how it is.

Go Back to forum